Activision Blizzard provides an update on Call of Duty, Diablo IV and Xbox Game Pass

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Wouldn't this be breaking the marketing agreement between Sony and Activision in some manner?

It's strange they mention it while still under contract with Sony is what I'm saying.

Maybe MS accepted Sony's offer (see Jim Ryan's email) to change the marketing agreement?

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Wouldn't this be breaking the marketing agreement between Sony and Activision in some manner?

It's strange they mention it while still under contract with Sony is what I'm saying.

Maybe MS accepted Sony's offer (see Jim Ryan's email) to change the marketing agreement?
Either we don't know the actual agreement, they decided not to respect it (pay the fee associated with it), there was some new "agreement" happening behind closed doors or the purchase broke the engagement.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Crash trilogy, Crash 4, Tony Hawk and many CODS were all on PS+ without Sony buying Activision so this deal is basically worthless.

It won't stop the shills from acting like it's the biggest megaton to hit GP. They keep shitting on PS+ even if we got it first.

• brain
Reactions: Ezekiel and Box
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Also does anyone remember when mw2 realeased & Activision said it was going to have 2 years of support & have the most post launch content of any cod ... Bullshitting greedy bastards

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Crash trilogy, Crash 4, Tony Hawk and many CODS were all on PS+ without Sony buying Activision so this deal is basically worthless.

It won't stop the shills from acting like it's the biggest megaton to hit GP. They keep shitting on PS+ even if we got it first.
Plus monthly games are a very different arrangement than Game Pass, and are paid for each download. The games are also only available to subscribers to add to their library for one month, where Game Pass games are made available for however long the games are on the service for a flat fee to the publisher.

In short, PS Plus made Activision a lot more money than Game Pass would have, so they took the deals. It isn’t rocket science.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Nah, imo gamepass I forsee will further dilute COD and will degrade it even more (in terms of development I mean).
This is actually a good thing this will bring the bar down and actually give other FPS developers a chance to finally step in the spotlight. Still not to fond of Xbox having control over them but considering their track record its a good thing. Atleast in terms of quality decline on their end.

On another note damn Thrash is going ham on their tweet right now.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
King Thrash had the 1st reply to their tweet and he went in.

I mean COD makes way more money on Sony so they'll still make money they probably have a switch dumb downed version plsnned down the line. Micro is hoping once again this venture will raise subs by a good amount although we all know it won't. Micro/Activision will indeed lose profits once COD is under their banner

Reactions: reziel