Activision were ready to buy Time-Warner according to Bobby Kotick

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

In an interview with Variety, Kotick said the Call of Duty maker was ready to swoop in and make a bid for Time Warner if AT&T had been unable to complete its $85.4 billion acquisition of the media and entertainment company.

But despite significant opposition from the US government due to antitrust concerns, the deal eventually went through in 2018, scuppering Activision’s plans.

“We raised all the capital and were ready to go in the event that AT&T couldn’t get the deal done.”

NOTE: I'd like to highlight the value of ABK, their low cash reserves and yet they were able to raise capital to acquire a huge company, at least equal in size to themselves. So anyone that starts a sentence with 'Sony can't..... ' or 'Sony doesn't have the money' is absolutely wrong.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Isnt Time Warner not doing well at the moment? I wonder if Bobby is floating this out there to get back into the good graces of the investor world to be the guy who "saves" Time Warner?

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Sony can afford any purchase if they want it bad enough.

The Office Thank You GIF

Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Buy Warner, get rid of Discovery/CNN/legacy TV channels.

Go all in on HBO/movies, double down on sports broadcast and reposition DC to beat Marvel as they naturally should.

The person in charge of Warner Bros. Discovery must really suck because they have pretty much some of the best content out there.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Buy Warner, get rid of Discovery/CNN/legacy TV channels.

Go all in on HBO/movies, double down on sports broadcast and reposition DC to beat Marvel as they naturally should.

The person in charge of Warner Bros. Discovery must really suck because they have pretty much some of the best content out there.
Lmao the things you would want them to get rid of is their biggest content.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Summer Nightmares

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

In an interview with Variety, Kotick said the Call of Duty maker was ready to swoop in and make a bid for Time Warner if AT&T had been unable to complete its $85.4 billion acquisition of the media and entertainment company.

But despite significant opposition from the US government due to antitrust concerns, the deal eventually went through in 2018, scuppering Activision’s plans.

“We raised all the capital and were ready to go in the event that AT&T couldn’t get the deal done.”

NOTE: I'd like to highlight the value of ABK, their low cash reserves and yet they were able to raise capital to acquire a huge company, at least equal in size to themselves. So anyone that starts a sentence with 'Sony can't..... ' or 'Sony doesn't have the money' is absolutely wrong.
The gamers who say that kind of thing tend to be the kids who don’t understand the concept of credit financing.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Varteras

2 Jun 2023

Yes, credit is a thing, despite what morons say.

Absolutely, and it's been something I've argued many times. Sony is a low-risk company to lend to. Companies smaller than them have had loans exceeding $70 billion to make an acquisition. Like when Dow Chemicals bought Rohm & Haas in 2008. It absolutely just depends on what Sony is willing to do. Capability is not an issue.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I doubt that. How the hell should Activision buy a company bigger than them? Warner is more than $77B worth on Exchange Stock.

ABK is only about $62.89B worth.

This is a pretty arrogant take by Bobby. Time Warner is probably not amused hearing this nonsense from Bobby. Hell dude Time Warner is buying your ass not the other way around. 💀

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022

No evidence anywhere of Sony putting up $50 billion. I want to believe but its bullshit from usual bullshitters that cant back it up with a reliable source.
Only thing you will ever find is that Sony “expressed interest” no dollar value mentioned anywhere.