Activision's monthly active player count decreased from 111 million during Q4 2022 to 98 million during Q1 2023.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I could see some PlayStation gamers moving away from their games because of the possibility of the deal going through.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Season 3 for Warzone launched about two weeks ago. Not a huge bump but it’s doing well.

Overwatch 2 has done poorly since launch tho. Completely moving to f2p didn’t end up being much of a resurgence after all.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I could see some PlayStation gamers moving away from their games because of the possibility of the deal going through.

Way ahead of the curve there.... I stopped playing their games a few months after MW came out. I got my fun out of it and then they started focusing on Warzone and I dont like that shit and I played through Cold War campaign.... no multiplayer, campaign was alright. No interest in multiplayer set in that era.

Will be avoiding their games as much as possible.

Reactions: Unchained

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Season 3 for Warzone launched about two weeks ago. Not a huge bump but it’s doing well.

Overwatch 2 has done poorly since launch tho. Completely moving to f2p didn’t end up being much of a resurgence after all.

Always thought Overwatch 1 was overrated.... overhyped due to Blizzards name being attached.

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
Don't worry more players are coming to the market. More active users will fall. You like competetion no
Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends

D

Deleted member 417

CoD has been on life support for years. I know it's a popular game with a lot of players but it's artificial. They are giving the game away for free to keep people playing. If the only way to play cod was to pay £70, it would be dead by now.

MW remakes and FTP Warzone are the only reasons CoD has any popularity at the moment. Expect these numbers to continue falling off of a cliff.

Overwatch 2 is a complete flop.
King is over the hill
Diablo 4 seems OK for now, it needs to do better.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Seems that they are already experiencing the gamepass effect even without joining MS!

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Is this across both Activision and Blizzard? I saw a breakdown separating the two earlier.

Edit: Yea it seems to be in that twitter thread. Blizzard stat is separate and they themselves lost 18-20 million players as well.

So Activision blizzard lost about 30 million players … bruh that’s huge

So that Activision drop is exclusively what CoD lost and the separate 18-20 million is across blizzard’s own games.

Much worse than I initially throught.

• Surprised
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I still think Sony should shift all their marketing to Respawn/EA games instead of CoD for the following years, no more preferential treatment for Activision. It matter a lot more to Activision than it does to Sony.
Interesting idea. It would still be worth it to collect the COD money of course, but yeah let's not reward them for all the Playstation bashing they did when they thought they were going to be part of MS. Sony could say abandon your appeal or you won't get the extra sales percentage we were giving you until now either.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Interesting idea. It would still be worth it to collect the COD money of course, but yeah let's not reward them for all the Playstation bashing they did when they thought they were going to be part of MS. Sony could say abandon your appeal or you won't get the extra sales percentage we were giving you until now either.
I doubt Sony would even pick up the phone while they were appealing.

Reactions: Deleted member 417