After all the leaks, Sony needs to buy Marvel from Disney ASAP.

Sony needs to drop everything and negotiate with Disney

• I agree

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Disney deserves all the money

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Disney is hurting bad financially and there's many rumors they are looking to sell stuff.

Sony needs to buy Marvel from them as a priority. It is unfair how they have to share all their profits from Spider-Man movies and games with these lazy cunts.

Insomniac is now making many Marvel games and Disney will rake the profits without doing anything (up to 50% for PS5 bundles, the fuck?)

Do you guys think Sony is having discussion with Disney right now?

9VJHnAF.png

Disney bought Marvel for 4 billions. I think 10-12 billions would be enough.

Calculating Oh No GIF by MOODMAN

• Informative
Reactions: Kyoji

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Disney is hurting bad financially and there's many rumors they are looking to sell stuff.

Sony needs to buy Marvel from them as a priority. It is unfair how they have to share all their profits from Spider-Man movies and games with these lazy cunts.

Insomniac is now making many Marvel games and Disney will rake the profits without doing anything (up to 50% for PS5 bundles, the fuck?)

Do you guys think Sony is having discussion with Disney right now?

View attachment 3357

Disney bought Marvel for 4 billions. I think 10-12 billions would be enough.

Calculating Oh No GIF by MOODMAN
No! If insomniac wants to work on a few marvel games that’s one thing but I don’t want other ps studios having to do that stuff if they don’t want to. I could give a crap about the mcu. I love X-men we’ve got Spiderman which I also love I think I’m fine with that.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Disney will never sell marvel. That's a major blow to their brand. They will keep the formula how it is. Taking a huge cut from companies using their ips.
Yuh the only way they would sell (hypothetically) if movies & shows where all flopping consistently then I could see them selling marvel w a caveat Disney would keep marvel rights for park rides & maybe first refusal for shows for Disney+ for the next 10 years which I think Sony wouldn’t mind, your more likely to see Sony buy WBD before Disney sells Marvel

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Is the 50% for bundles, 50% of the price of the game ($35) or 50% of the whole bundle 🤔

It's shocking to me how Sony is getting fleeced.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

I love that people keep this narrative when it's not true.

They are still cost cutting, yes, but they are not hurting bad. And you're dreaming if you think they will be selling any Marvel IP. If anything, they may expand it in the future.

The company reported net income of $264 million, or 14 cents per share, for the fiscal fourth-quarter ended Sept. 30, up from a net income of $162 million, or 9 cents a share, during the year-ago period.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Buying spiderman and wolverine license ip maybe one thing

But buying entire marvell studios is too much fanboy wet dream im not sure sony can afford that

Hate to see insomniac turned into marvell videogame factory too I want their original ip back

Reactions: Diah and Vertigo

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I wish, but I don't see it ever happening. All Disney has is Marvel and Frozen lol. Maybe it's for the best because Sony's Marvel movies suck 😂 (except for the Raimi trilogy)

20-30 percent honestly isn't bad. 3rd party companies have to pay Sony/Microsoft/Valve/Apple/Google 30% JUST to be on their store, so getting exclusive access to extremely valuable IP for 30% is actually pretty good.

The bundle royalty does seem a bit ridiculous, but these games sell consoles, especially Spider-Man, so it's kind of like ....eh. If that console owner ends up playing a single live service game, Sony still wins long term, so it's not so bad when you think of it like that.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Is the 50% for bundles, 50% of the price of the game ($35) or 50% of the whole bundle 🤔

It's shocking to me how Sony is getting fleeced.
In Sony eyes the mere association of PlayStation to Marvel Spider-Man & Marvel Wolverine/X-Men are worth it even thoe those split are insane imo

Last edited:

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
There's no chance Disney gets 50% of the hardware + game price.
Do people think Blade is exclusive? Imagine how bad Xbox split would be probably more like 80% if not more going to Disney if it was exclusive considering Xbox position in console & there consumer being conditioned to not buy games

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
Do people think Blade is exclusive? Imagine how bad Xbox split would be probably more like 80% if not more going to Disney if it was exclusive considering Xbox position in console & there consumer being conditioned to not buy games
Blade isn't as popular as other marvel IPs so no we can't look at everything with the same lense and yes it will be an exclusive

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
You're correct. Blade is 100% multiplatform, and likely coming later than anything on that Insomniac roadmap to boot haha

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Nah. Marvel is junk. Disney can keep that shit. They’re both terrible and creatively bankrupt.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
The bundle percentage is absolutely insane. Jim really was terrible for Playstation long term, and it upsets me that people refuse to see that because he inherited a brand that was groing like mad.
Ya’ll really treat Jim like people treat Trump. Ya’ll really blame that man for everything. LMAO