After the video game subscription & video game price increases who here has found themselves buying less games?

Do you still buy same amount of games?

• No, I cut back

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • About the same

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • The same or more

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Games indeed got more expensive, but I also started making more money, so it balanced itself out lol

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
I cut back but not just due to price increases. because I have a massive backlog. Unless it's an absolute showstopper like Elden Ring I won't buy any more games other than redeeming those from EGS and Amazon prime subscription.

No more gamepass subscriptions either. Just not worth it when you have lots of games to play.
It indeed has to be really special to be a day one. it's either that, or a mega chad game like ER. 🗾

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
It indeed has to be really special to be a day one. it's either that, or a mega chad game like ER. 🗾

I never thought "It was so worth it, I absolutely had a better experience than someone that bought the game 6 months after".

Patient gaming always wins.

Reactions: Yuniac

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I've been buying less since the unanimous $70 increase and pubs are to be blamed because games are not launching complete.

So I've decided to start playing games as well in PS+ catalog, might as well get some value outta it.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Honestly i cancelled my pS Plus, I have nore than enough games in my backlog that i still need to finish.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Banana

10 Jan 2023
I cut back. For example, Persona 3 Reloaded was $70 lmao. I waited until last weeks Golden Week sale and it was 48.99.

I don't subscribe to services though. Those are a scam and will have disastrous consequences for consumer rights.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Basically the same for me. Bought two games thus far this year digitally day one and also bought FF XVI at full price since I wanted to play the expansions which I also bought at the same time. Cancelled my GameFly subscription mainly because I have no new releases until Star Wars Outlaws which is a Ubisoft+ game for me. Only games I haven't bought this generation outside of subscriptions was Banishers and Rise of the Ronin since I had GameFly. Unless a game I want to play is day one on Ubisoft+ or Game Pass, I will continue to keep buying games like I normally do.