Akatsuki enters into capital and business alliance agreements with Sony and Koei Tecmo

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Has anyone told you that you say some really stupid shit?

Because you say some really stupid shit.
This is not a deal between Sony and Tecmo to get more games like Nioh, Ninja Gaiden or Ronin 2. You'll get none of that with this alliance. That's what I mean. Mobile gacha shit and that's it.

Keep rambling about all these IPs and exclusives we're gonna get with this random news nobody cares about 🤡

Tag me when the next big exclusive is announced 🤣

Reactions: Kokoloko

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
naruto shippuden GIF

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Hey @Gamernyc78, feel free to get this extra info for the OP, I didn't know about them, but I see potential there to be the next (Japanese) MiHoyo:

Akatsuki Games is the Japanese mobile games developer (sometimes for PC too) who made mobile games since 2010. These are some of them:
  • Bandai Namco: Tales of Link, Dragon Ball Dokkan Battle, THE IDOLM@STER SideM LIVE ON ST@GE!, ONE PIECE Bon! Bon! Journey!!
  • Square Enix (mobile): Romancing SaGa Re-Universe
  • Koei Tecmo (mobile + PC) : Atelier Resreliana ~Forgotten Alchemy and the Polar Night Liberator~
  • Self published since 2013 (mobile): cyber pandemic, cinderella eleven, Thousand Memorie, Unison Air, HoneyWorks Premium Live, EXtreme LIVES
  • Self published (PC): Cinderella Nine, (this one codeveloped with the creators of Danganrompa and Zero Escape studio Tookyo Games) Tribe Nine, Project Akatsuki
Apparently they are now expanding to PC and consoles, while also increasing the number of games they develop at the same time and aiming to increase their audience outside Japan.

They announced that the company "has entered into capital and business alliances agreements" with Sony and Koei Tecmo and "conducted a disposition of the Company’s treasury stock through third-party allotment". Details of these business alliances:

Sony Group
Akatsuki will further build relationships with Sony Group and its affiliates to create new business opportunities, aiming to cooperate in overseas market expansion for mobile games, both those currently under development and those to be developed in the future, as well as to collaborate with co-production and development of new IP and content.

Koei Tecmo Holdings
In addition to game projects already underway, Akatsuki will further build relationships with Koei Tecmo Holdings in the following three areas to create new business opportunities in the future:
  1. Collaboration in development and operation of multi-device next-generation live-ops games
  2. Collaboration on global expansion, marketing, and publishing of live-ops games
  3. Collaboration on new IP, content and services

Back in August they had this show:

In addition to show upcoming games in the video they explain that reached top 1 in Japan multiple times with their own games. Seems that some of their IPs even have anime or manga adaptations (they also have a manga division).

TLDR: Very experiened and locally successful Japanese mobile game developer studio with self published games, who also previously worked with Bandai Namco, Square, Koei Tecmo, Netease or the Dangaronpa & Zero Escape guys is coproducing games (including licensed and new IP) with Sony and Bandai Namco, companies that will also help them grow overseas.

Last edited:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
If your going to expand to mobile or Japan/Asia maybe have a capital alliance w bread winners hoyoverse, capcom, square enix, kadakawa, hello? Sony seems so slow in investing/acquisition you would think they would’ve have bough arc system work already when they owned EVO or capcom these little investment on questionable companies don’t really give me good insurance on Sony/PS future

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
If your going to expand to mobile or Japan/Asia maybe have a capital alliance w bread winners hoyoverse, capcom, square enix, kadakawa, hello? Sony seems so slow in investing/acquisition you would think they would’ve have bough arc system work already when they owned EVO or capcom these little investment on questionable companies don’t really give me good insurance on Sony/PS future
Sony already signed deals with MiHoyo, Kadokawa, CyGames, NC Soft, Netease or Tencent. And also with Capcom and Square Enix but in console, where they are big.

This "questionable" Akatsuki company achieved top 1 multiple times in Japan's mobile gaming rankings.

Regarding acquiring Capom or ARC Sys, something I'd love to see, maybe it's because they don't want to sell the company and prefer to continue being independent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luffy123
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Sony already signed deals with MiHoyo, Kadokawa, CyGames, NC Soft, Netease or Tencent. And also with Capcom and Square Enix but in console, where they are big.

This "questionable" Akatsuki company achieved top 1 multiple times in Japan's mobile gaming rankings.

Regarding acquiring Capom or ARC Sys, something I'd love to see, maybe it's because they don't want to sell the company and prefer to continue being independent.
Capcom did mention wanting to be independent.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This is not a deal between Sony and Tecmo to get more games like Nioh, Ninja Gaiden or Ronin 2. You'll get none of that with this alliance. That's what I mean. Mobile gacha shit and that's it.

Keep rambling about all these IPs and exclusives we're gonna get with this random news nobody cares about 🤡

Tag me when the next big exclusive is announced 🤣

Im with you on I hope Sony takes it finger out and makes strategic partnership, buying shares in companies like Capcom, Square, Namco, Konami, Sega, Tecmo etc

They dont need to buy these companies, but a share, or big partnership is what is needed after MS, Embracer and Tencent shopping sprees

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Im with you on I hope Sony takes it finger out and makes strategic partnership, buying shares in companies like Capcom, Square, Namco, Konami, Sega, Tecmo etc

They dont need to buy these companies, but a share, or big partnership is what is needed after MS, Embracer and Tencent shopping sprees
I mean it's what they did with "Fromsoftt" and "Epic"

Reactions: Kokoloko