Alan Wake 2 Still Hasn't Earned Back Its Budget

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
It's not Remedys fault.... this is all on Epic.

This game would have done way better on Steam and also offering physical option for consoles. Besides that, this game sort of just came out with no strong marketing push.

Again, blame Epic!

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Whats woke about alan wake 2?
The black woman character that was supposed to be white and got race swapped. Thank you, Sweet Baby. Even though Remedy would lie about it now and say no, it was never meant to be white, but that's a lie.

Also, Texts such as: "You so brave, you so great, you so confident." the "You go girl" type of vibes, is this a kindergarten game?
"Oh, I'm not the lead on this case. Here, my partner black woman is!"
Lines in the game such as: "Another white man telling me how to live my life" Why...? Why does this bullshit have to be in our games? Why can't Alan just go crazy in his mind adventure without politics?

I hate Epic with every ounce of my being. Yes, they funded the game then went ahead to doom it by putting it on their store only. Millions of gamers don't buy a game if it's not on Steam, and im one of them.

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
The black woman character that was supposed to be white and got race swapped. Thank you, Sweet Baby. Even though Remedy would lie about it now and say no, it was never meant to be white, but that's a lie.

Also, Texts such as: "You so brave, you so great, you so confident." the "You go girl" type of vibes, is this a kindergarten game?
"Oh, I'm not the lead on this case. Here, my partner black woman is!"
Lines in the game such as: "Another white man telling me how to live my life" Why...? Why does this bullshit have to be in our games? Why can't Alan just go crazy in his mind adventure without politics?

I hate Epic with every ounce of my being. Yes, they funded the game then went ahead to doom it by putting it on their store only. Millions of gamers don't buy a game if it's not on Steam, and im one of them.
AW2 is my GOTY. Glad I don't see the bullshit you are talking about.

Reactions: ethomaz

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Never was wise to place such a huge bet on this. That’s remedy’s fault. Control only gained recognition thru ps plus giveaways.

The media’s manufactured hype for the game and the disgusting narcissism displayed at the vgas… after that… they earned it. Consumers still rejected it.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Not gonna lie Xbox game pass is miles better than exclusive Epic store.
Sure, when it comes to being value destructive.

But for a game that has no disc (so they pretty much set themselves up for complete failure on PlayStation), pissing of PC players by going with an Epic Store deal sure was stupid.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Yuniac