Alan Wake 2 Wins TIME's Game Of The Year

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Alan Wake II

32.jpg

Some believed it would never happen. But after 13 years, the cult game Alan Wake finally has a proper follow-up—and it’s a doozy. More than just another video game, Alan Wake II is a celebration of art infused with meta-narratives, musical numbers, connections to Remedy’s games, Control, and Quantum Break, and a frightening and elegant examination of writing and what it means to put your words out in the world. And if all of that wasn’t enough, it’s also one of the most terrifying survival horror games of the last decade, and practically begs you to keep the lights on. The game is divided between two protagonists and their journeys. The first is FBI Agent Saga Anderson, who is drawn to the small town of Bright Falls, Wash., to investigate a mysterious cult with ties to Wake’s novels. The second is Alan Wake as he tries to free himself from the seemingly endless loop of the Dark Place that he’s been trapped in for those 13 years. Eventually, their two narratives converge and their seemingly separate journeys are revealed to be more enmeshed than either of them thought

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
I’ll be honest: I’m not enjoying the game that much. Maybe I need to keep playing it to change my mind.

It’s a bit slow at the start ngl. I think once you’re able to switch characters is where things really picked up for me. When the mysteries start unravelling and things get weirder is when the game is at its peak

• Informative
Reactions: Entropi

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I slept on this game. Thought it was boring as hell, but then something clicked. Now i consider it the 3rd best game this gen, behind FFXVI and Returnal.