All these leaks take the excitement out of shows/conferences

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Let me draw your attention to this video. It's the Gametrailers' crew reaction to 2 announcements no one saw coming:

And I miss these things so much. I'm a huge MG fan and we not only have confirmation that MGS3 will be shown there but we also have the exact trailer run time. Imagine watching that showcase and just seeing that out of nowhere.

I know people will say "Don't look anything up online". But in this day and age, you don't even have to look up specific things to be spoiled on them. I honestly wish we could go back to actually being surprised and unless you're completely offline, it's almost impossible.

Firefly

25 Jul 2022
Lets be for real it's only been one concrete leak that everyone saw coming. So I think this is an overreaction, if they started leaking other stuff than I would agree with you.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I forgot about that chibi game. Was it any good? I can't help but feel like it undercut the game having it be a FF side-game rather than its own IP. Probably helped sales in the short-term though...

edit: Also, they're play-reacting. Real people, even when happy, just sit in a chair. What sort of person jumps up and down and screams in real life when something good happens?

edit: To answer my own question. World of Final Fantasy: Maxima got a 71 on PS metacritic, a 79 in Switch and an 81 on Xbox, so it was "okay" to "bad".

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
If Sony/Microsoft etc went after the leakers like Nintendo does there would be far less leaks.
Some people say its a cultural thing with Japan but I disagree. Big, successful western teams can keep stuff quiet too, but it requires getting the whole team excited about the project and ready to wow people. The main Bethesda team never had stuff leak until Fallout 4 (bad game) (I'm waiting on new Morrowind beta content for damn near 20 years now), GTA used to not leak when the Housers were in charge, etc. And then there's game-mill studios like all of Ubisoft where damn near everything leaks. The actual truth is that there are Japanese leaks, we just don't see them hit the western internet or they're for games most of us don't care about.

Last edited:

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
I don't think an MGS game has ever not been leaked. Pretty sure we had MGS5 development screenshots well before a trailer. I even remember MGS3 trailer leaking a week before E3

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Pretty obvious that MS was the one that leaked the third-party game that got confirmed by insider. The trailer is also going to be published on their channel because it's multiplataform and then it leaks right after including the length of the trailer.

This makes me thing that we'll get a lot of exclusive since MS pretty much leaked a single game so far.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
Even Xbox (most likely fake) leaks are lame, they should dream bigger (or not, I guess).
True but it could also be about Metal Gear 3 remake being 2 mins long and it was slated for all consoles. Idk what OP is talking about, I'm just making assumptions.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I just want Hellblade 2, such an amazing game. Loved the first one.
Never played Hellblade but do have a lot of friends that did not like the puzzles and combat in it, most people that I know of mainly praised it because of its mental health perspective as in shinning a light on an issue.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
There has been leaks for as long as there has been places to look for them.
Never played Hellblade but do have a lot of friends that did not like the puzzles and combat in it, most people that I know of mainly praised it because of its mental health perspective as in shinning a light on an issue.
I would say that the first few minutes of Senua's Sacrifice are amazing to play with a headphone on, the binaural sound and the kind of discourse they put in her ears are just amazing... but every time I tried to play the game I got tired before I even got to a fight... and I got scared.

I did not like Ninja Theory's Hellblade on PS3 either, and this is about the opposite of their last game.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
The fact a Team Ninja game is being heralded as a big deal on the Xbox side will never not be hilarious to me

Shows me how desperately they want Sony like games
Unbelievable. Hellblade was such budget uneventful game

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The fact a Team Ninja game is being heralded as a big deal on the Xbox side will never not be hilarious to me

Shows me how desperately they want Sony like games
Exactly, the original Hellblade was an indie/AA game that most people that pretend to be excited about the sequel didn't bother playing.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters