All these leaks take the excitement out of shows/conferences

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Exactly, the original Hellblade was an indie/AA game that most people that pretend to be excited about the sequel didn't bother playing.
It wasn't good when it launched on PS4, it wasn't good when it was later released on Xbox One, and the sequel will likely not be good/great when it's released either. I'm trying to remember the last time a gaming company went from doing really bad gameplay to really good gameplay in one game.

Never played Hellblade but do have a lot of friends that did not like the puzzles and combat in it, most people that I know of mainly praised it because of its mental health perspective as in shinning a light on an issue.
I always felt like the treatment of the "mental health issue" to be kinda trite and insulting. Whispering voices in surround sound? I'm not sure I see the "breakthrough" and I kinda feel like a video game company saying they are doing something oh-so-profound as this just ... seems bizarre. It's .... a video game. That was how I felt about it at the time anyway. And I Agee with your friends that thought the puzzles and combat were not fun.

The game looked good for its time. That's literally about all it had to offer. A definite thumbs down.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
Never played Hellblade but do have a lot of friends that did not like the puzzles and combat in it, most people that I know of mainly praised it because of its mental health perspective as in shinning a light on an issue.
Yeah the combat and puzzles were kind of tricky, and yeah I loved how they showed the world what people who have mental problems go through.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Evil within 3 would be pretty cool if true.

Big fan of the second game.
If there is a chance for a Crimson Skies sequel/reimaginging, holy shit im there. Game I own on OG xbox its still great to this day.

Wish Microsoft would look at OG xbox era more than trying to make a Perfect DARK game. SO many gems that were also sega made. Give us another chromehounds you cowards!!!

D

Deleted member 223

It does in a sense. But if you're a MGS fan you can look at this way: confirmed you're getting your nostalgia fix. No more guessing. And that is something to look forward to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yeah the combat and puzzles were kind of tricky, and yeah I loved how they showed the world what people who have mental problems go through.

You mean really hardcore psychiatric issues, right? Because most neurodivergent people do not experience stuff like that. And I mean the overwhelming majority.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
You mean really hardcore psychiatric issues, right? Because most neurodivergent people do not experience stuff like that. And I mean the overwhelming majority.
I think that what they showed was apparent to schizophrenia.

Neurodivergent is a borderline useless term, in a sense we all diverge from the norm in one way or another. Even if you exclude that putting people like Elon Musk, some random down syndrome kid and someone with anxiety disorder in the same category doesn't help.

I have known schizophrenic people, one ended up taking his life and the other is a creative type that does OK but has serious drugs problems (and don't leave him alone with your GF, he can't be trusted). They are very stimulating people to be around, when things go well, however when the voices start to do their thing they can get violent and just attack people... Which makes it hard to maintain a relationship.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
I think that what they showed was apparent to schizophrenia.

Neurodivergent is a borderline useless term, in a sense we all diverge from the norm in one way or another. Even if you exclude that putting people like Elon Musk, some random down syndrome kid and someone with anxiety disorder in the same category doesn't help.

I have known schizophrenic people, one ended up taking his life and the other is a creative type that does OK but has serious drugs problems (and don't leave him alone with your GF, he can't be trusted). They are very stimulating people to be around, when things go well, however when the voices start to do their thing they can get violent and just attack people... Which makes it hard to maintain a relationship.
Yes I am aware I suffer from that problem