AMD CFO during earnings call: "If you look at gaming, demand has been quite weak"

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
These fanboys hate Sony so much they make two conflicting arguments about Sony.

That their support for PC is eroding console sales because people will play their exclusives on PC instead of PS5 but ALSO that their PC games aren't selling well enough to warrant even porting games to PC.

It's so obviously cope.

• thisistheway
Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
And it is unrelated to your own comment lol

Because you blamed Sony for something that they are unrelated.

But the hate lol Sony too lol

In fact Sony did it part… they brought more from AMD 🤷‍♂️
they are related if they’re constantly devaluing their product with ports to another platform that runs their own games better 🤷‍♂️

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
These fanboys hate Sony so much they make two conflicting arguments about Sony.

That their support for PC is eroding console sales because people will play their exclusives on PC instead of PS5 but ALSO that their PC games aren't selling well enough to warrant even porting games to PC.

It's so obviously cope.
there is a thing called piracy on PC, God Of War 2018 was pirated 8 million times just in one piracy website, i recommend you to check it 😉

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
they are related if they’re constantly devaluing their product with ports to another platform that runs their own games better 🤷‍♂️
No. They are not.

You blamed Sony for AMD decreased in revenue when Sony had anything to do with it.

In fact Sony helped AMD to not have even worst revenue.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
you can’t have a strong platform without strong exclusive content, they’ll learn it the hard way, Xbox dying in front of their eyes and Nintendo about to surpass the PS2 wasn’t enough to show them that they need exclusives to be strong in the long term future, when you have your own games running better on another platform, that’s how you know you failed with your own product 🤷‍♂️

Wii U had great exclusives that carried the Switch for a long time, yet it bombed so bad it caused Nintendo to get out of the home console market. So exclusives are only one factor among many.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
there is a thing called piracy on PC, God Of War 2018 was pirated 8 million times just in one piracy website, i recommend you to check it 😉

Please tell me how the pirating of a 2018 PS4 game released on PC in 2022 impacted PS5 sales.

Or how are we going to ignore that God of War Ragnarok has sold 15+ million copies and its still selling... before it even receives a PC release.

The cope is strong with these ones.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Please tell me how the pirating of a 2018 PS4 game released on PC in 2022 impacted PS5 sales.

Or how are we going to ignore that God of War Ragnarok has sold 15+ million copies and its still selling... before it even receives a PC release.

it impacts sales of the PS5 cause people know if they wait they’ll have games like GOW Ragnarok and Spiderman 2 FOR FREE on PC cause Sony doesn’t even add protection to the games they port to the platform, their games are pirated within seconds of release on PC, SECONDS.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

AMD droop in revenue… Sony PC strategy fault.
MS going multiplatform and killing Xbox… Sony PC strategy fault.
Nintendo selling less Switch… Sony PC strategy fault.
Sony missing an unreasonable target… Sony PC strategy fault.

Me doing number 2… Sony PC strategy fault.

🤷‍♂️

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
it impacts sales of the PS5 cause people know if they wait they’ll have games like GOW Ragnarok and Spiderman 2 FOR FREE on PC cause Sony doesn’t even add protection to the games they port to the platform, their games are pirated within seconds of release on PC, SECONDS.

Somehow you're convinced these people were buying consoles to begin with... Newsflash for you... they weren't.

You don't think Sony has done a cost-benefit ratio for denuvo?

The only reason Horizon Forbidden West hit PC so quickly was because they made the mistake of putting it on PS+ and dried out its sales quickly.

Filtering out free/free-ish games, GT7 is still in the top 24 in sales on PS Store right now. Spider-Man 2 and God of War Ragnarok are in the top 48. TLOUP2 is higher than Horizon as is Ghost of Tsushima, and TLOUP1 and Spider-Man.

Sony is working on a model of when to put games on PC and what kind of games.

Ghost of Tsushima is hitting PC 4 years after launch. You think that impacts PS5 sales? It doesn't.

TLOUP2 will be at least 4 years if not longer.

God of War Ragnarok is at 2+ years and hasn't even been announced for PC. God of War 2018 took 4 years.

Helldivers was Day 1 and Until Dawn will be Day 1 or shortly after. One is a multiplayer game that is more difficult to pirate and the other a remake of a 9 year old game.

tldr you're making way too much out of this because of some weird fanboy obsession.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Can't take anyone seriously who thinks people don't buy consoles for exclusives 🤣. While they go on to contradict themselves by listing out games that's selling so well within the PS Ecosystem as exclusives. 🤡🤡🤡

Is CoD a PS exclusive? Is EA FC? Is Elden Ring? Is Hogwarts Legacy?

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Is CoD a PS exclusive? Is EA FC? Is Elden Ring? Is Hogwarts Legacy?
Did PlayStation not have an exclusive Partnership with Activision for COD up until last year? 🤡

Does PlayStation not have a partnership for EA FC? 🤡🤡🤡

Did PlayStation not a have Partnership with exclusive perks for Hogwarts Legacy?? 🤡

I promise you they aren't doing these partnerships out the goodness of their bank account.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Did PlayStation not have an exclusive Partnership with Activision for COD up until last year? 🤡

Does PlayStation not have a partnership for EA FC? 🤡🤡🤡

Did PlayStation not a have Partnership with exclusive perks for Hogwarts Legacy?? 🤡

I promise you they aren't doing these partnerships out for the goodness of their bank account.

None of these is exclusivity and certainly isn't as pivotal as timed exclusivity which most PS 1st party games have experienced.

You guys are so terribly inconsistent and disingenuous with your arguments.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
None of these is exclusivity and certainly isn't as pivotal as timed exclusivity which most PS 1st party games have experienced.

You guys are so terribly inconsistent and disingenuous with your arguments.
You trying to move the goal post while you're in here also hinging your hopes on a 3rd party game = GTA VI to move a ton of PS5 hardware next year.

While you hypocritically are trying to diminish the importance of 3rd party partnerships that aligns the products with PS5 🤣

Let me stop wasting my time with you, a literal 🤡

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
You trying to move the goal post while you're in here also hinging your hopes on a 3rd party game = GTA VI to move a ton of PS5 hardware next year.

While you hypocritically are trying to diminish the importance of 3rd party partnerships that aligns the products with PS5 🤣

Let me stop wasting my time with you, a literal 🤡

So somehow 3rd party partnerships are valuable enough to push software on PS5 over PC, but sony's own marketing and generally years in between releases isn't enough to push software on PS5 over PC...

Again.. you know that is clownish.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
So somehow 3rd party partnerships are valuable enough to push software on PS5 over PC, but sony's own marketing and generally years in between releases isn't enough to push software on PS5 over PC...

Again.. you know that is clownish.
COD, EA FC prior to this was FIFA these games sell 20+ million annually 🤣, yes they are very valuable and that's why Sony spends big money to secure them.

Quit being obtuse

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
COD, EA FC prior to this was FIFA these games sell 20+ million annually 🤣, yes they are very valuable and that's why Sony spends big money to secure them.

Quit being obtuse

You think CoD and Fifa sells 20 million annually on PlayStation? It certainly doesn't.

You also ignored Hogwarts Legacy and Elden Ring.

You're purposefully obfuscating from the question at hand. These games are multiplatform, but people play them on PS5.

Sony's own games launch on PS5 and are usually exclusive for YEARS, but we're to believe that somehow these games are MORE LIKELY to eschew players than these other multiplatform games. Why? Because they have marketing deals? As if Sony isn't marketing their own games?

And even more ridiculous we're lead to believe that not only will these games eschew players to PC, but that we're going to see a observable shift in sales from consoles to PC specifically because of these titles.

Let's add Fortnite to that list as well. Way more people play Fortnite on PlayStation than PC. Why is that? You don't want to answer these questions because it doesn't mesh with your ridiculous conclusion.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
You think CoD and Fifa sells 20 million annually on PlayStation? It certainly doesn't.

You also ignored Hogwarts Legacy and Elden Ring.

You're purposefully obfuscating from the question at hand. These games are multiplatform, but people play them on PS5.

Sony's own games launch on PS5 and are usually exclusive for YEARS, but we're to believe that somehow these games are MORE LIKELY to eschew players than these other multiplatform games. Why? Because they have marketing deals? As if Sony isn't marketing their own games?

And even more ridiculous we're lead to believe that not only will these games eschew players to PC, but that we're going to see a observable shift in sales from consoles to PC specifically because of these titles.

Let's add Fortnite to that list as well. Way more people play Fortnite on PlayStation than PC. Why is that? You don't want to answer these questions because it doesn't mesh with your ridiculous conclusion.
And why do you think Sony fork out money to secure these partnerships? I didn't state how much these games sold on PlayStation, I stated their annual sales to highlight why they are just as important as their own exclusives which also sells the same amount.

I didn't ignored Hogwarts or Elden you're the one who dropped them from your response? Is Dementia finally hitting you from all the goal post moving you've done? And lastly they aren't annual games... Again stop being obtuse

Fortnite also had a partnership with PlayStation for many years on PS4 🤡

Like I wonder just why all these huge 3rd party games you mentioned all are aligned with PS when it comes to sales? Hmmm LOL

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Your analysis is really poor here and it'll be fun to hear your excuses when the PS5 sells well over 100 million unlike the less that you suggested.

How will you react or explain when PS5 doesn't hit 100 million sales?
And what will you say if the PS5 does surpass the PS4 despite Sony's support for releasing their titles on PC?

Nothing right?
The PS5 won't surpass PS4 for myriad reasons; lack of software, high price of hardware, general economic environment, declining games market, lack of price drop.

More than one incident killed Sega and their issues didn't start with the Dreamcast, they just ended there.
You're also ignoring the decline of Xbox as a part of this.

GTA6 will definitely put it over the top, but you're not entirely wrong that price is going to play a large part in this.

The exclusive argument that you are harping on is a non-factor.

We'll see where Sony prices the PS5 Pro and the PS5 Standard and Digital accordingly this fall.
You're saying that the casuals/normies will buy a PS5 in their tens of millions just for GTA6? Sure I can see it moving some units, but without a significant price drop, people who want a PS5 for normies games will already have one. This isn't year 1 launch, were nudging year 4.

So many of you need to get over this narrative because it's going to blow up in your faces, but most of you will say, it's too soon to tell.. and you'll be saying this all the way through the PS6 era.
It's not too soon to tell. Anyone with a functioning brain could see Microsoft killing their brand back in 2010. It took 14+ years for the chickens to come home to roost, all the while the people online pointing out the missteps and mistakes of Microsoft were called morons, idiots and Sony ponies.

It's fine if you're fairly new to gaming, but anyone who has been watching/part of the hobby since the 90s and before, can see the same old patterns emerging.