AMD Ryzen 9 9950X CPU is 46% faster than Ryzen 9 7950X

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Those prebuilt PCs have the same DIY components as the ones he sells unless he plans on only selling Dell or HP machines, or the NUCs which are now manufactured by Asus. The Dell and HP machines also tend to be far worse than DIY builds these days. So I don't know what the alternative for a PC store owner would realistically be. Maybe become some kind of independent Mac store? Only sell laptops?
The difference I believe is how the warranty works.

In a prebuilt PC done by the store if anything goes wrong the issue is with the store to fix it.
In a Dell / HP machine if anything goes wrong you have to contact Dell / HP to fix it.

From what I understood the store owner doesn’t want to have more headaches with faulty hardware.

It is not a matter of what is better or not but what give a less headache to the store owner.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Those prebuilt PCs have the same DIY components as the ones he sells unless he plans on only selling Dell or HP machines, or the NUCs which are now manufactured by Asus. The Dell and HP machines also tend to be far worse than DIY builds these days. So I don't know what the alternative for a PC store owner would realistically be. Maybe become some kind of independent Mac store? Only sell laptops?
He told me that was to move to business with the business grade components to avoid the insecurities.

This is one shop, so your mileage may vary... but the bit about SSD drives having abysmal TBW these days is definitely true compared to what we had just a few years ago.

My personal "solution" has been to never fill an SSD above the 70% mark for long periods of time or to buy enterprise drives ($$$).