Analyzing why Xbox's E3 is such an abysmal, boring show every single year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
We can argue all day about games being hard or easy to implement. At the end of the day, we can go by statistics. Plague is a good 3rd person action game. It was a great game about rat-killing. But FS2020 is a completely different and way more complex game and the same studio implemented both.

I'm not saying GoW is a simple game to create. I'm saying a 3rd person action-game is extremely popular and most developers have had experience with making one. You can't claim that NT (who has already implemented a 3rd person action game like DmC) doesn't have any experience to make HB2 compete with GoWR just because HB1 was a "walking simulator".
Plague doesn’t hold a candle to GoW. Please, they’re not even in tue same league. GoW is miles above anything Plague is doing and Plague isn’t about rat killing, have you played the game? Dont be absurd. HB2 won’t be in the same league as Ragnarok, period. And that’s not because HB1 was a walking simulator but because SSM is miles ahead of NT in tech, talent and experience.
I’ll go ahead and say HB2 will also rival ER gameplay and atmosphere, why not?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13

Plague doesn’t hold a candle to GoW. Please, they’re not even in tue same league. GoW is miles above anything Plague is doing and Plague isn’t about rat killing, have you played the game? Dont be absurd. HB2 won’t be in the same league as Ragnarok, period. And that’s not because HB1 was a walking simulator but because SSM is miles ahead of NT in tech, talent and experience.
I’ll go ahead and say HB2 will also rival ER gameplay and atmosphere, why not?
Are you paying attention to anything I wrote?

I talked about Plague being a good 3rd person action-adventure. Where have I said Plague is in the same league as GoW as a game comparison?

I bought and finished Plague. Calling it a rat killing was an exaggeration because rats are the main antagonist in the game.

"Don't be absurd" - where is this coming from? Neither of us have played both games yet. SSM is ahead of Ninja Theory in talent, tech and experience. OK. Are you saying that because a studio is smaller they can't possibly match SSM in tech, talent and experience?

You are being way too confrontational and for no reason. Discuss with logical points. Right now it seems like you are trying to extract an argument where there shouldn't be one.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I think Microsoft is having the issue of having a lot of new (to them anyway) studios but it takes time to get games made and figuring our how they want to manage all of those people, which affects how long things take to develop. That leaves you with a lot of press conferences with you having to show off cg and teasers but not a whole lot of concrete info.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

I talked about Plague being a good 3rd person action-adventure. Where have I said Plague is in the same league as GoW as a game comparison?

I bought and finished Plague. Calling it a rat killing was an exaggeration because rats are the main antagonist in the game.

"Don't be absurd" - where is this coming from? Neither of us have played both games yet. SSM is ahead of Ninja Theory in talent, tech and experience. OK. Are you saying that because a studio is smaller they can't possibly match SSM in tech, talent and experience?

You are being way too confrontational and for no reason. Discuss with logical points. Right now it seems like you are trying to extract an argument where there shouldn't be one.
SMS is legendary studio, with expertise, tech and people. NT is just Okey studio. How it was their last work Bleeding Edge? And yes, NT can't match it. They already 4th year into Hellblade 2, and it is nowhere near finished when God of War coming in the end of the year.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

That’s exactly what I’m saying. NT can’t touch SSM.
And the main antagonist of Plague Tale aren’t the rats.

D

Deleted member 13

That’s exactly what I’m saying. NT can’t touch SSM.
OK.

And the main antagonist of Plague Tale aren’t the rats.
Let's count how many combat encounters you have with the rats versus the combat ones you have with the faction of people. :unsure:

While the rats aren't a part of the main storyline, they are what you continuously fight throughout the entire game. Pardon my exaggerated words, but I think you get the point. Dealing/Controlling the rats are an integral part of the game's mechanics. Just like Death Stranding focuses on walking as its main gameplay mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.