...And now shit*ing on console players is justified. Worst opinions I've heard in a while

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
With sony making a weak fool of themselves and taking an L for Arrowhead incompetence (they were supposed to reactivate PSN after servers issues were solved but never communicated. Sony fault was publishing in wrong countries), pc players now feel fully JUSTIFIED to crap on console players.
I now seen ton and ton of negative opinions about console players and how stupid we are.
Calling console gamers bootlickers, crybabies, idiots who stand up for multibillion $ corporations and so on. We are all thrown in the same basket.

Prime example is this shitty video from popular populist Asmongold. I like some of his vids but he often comes up as populist, saying what people want to hear according to current trend.
But this video is off the charts. Some highlights from first 15 minutes:
-500$ shitboxes that play games at 30fps.
-Console gamers are idiots. Who in their right mind would not want to play on pc
-The only reason for playing a console is maaaybe money

And he is also hypocritical and that's the worst part:
-He says how the only game in his ps4 is bloodborne and in ps5 it's demons souls. but just few days ago he played and enjoyed Stellar blade. A ps5 game that is 60fps.
-He is also known to have loved n64 and games on it like Mario and Zelda.
-Keep in mind that he owns a pc-building company and he sells computers.

And more stuff like that. It's truly one of worst takes I've ever heard. How can anyone be SO IGNORANT.

What's my stance on it? My personal opinions:
-Sony clearly made a mistake with region selling. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone has logins and launchers. This should've been handled differently. people just bandwagoned on the topic.
-I play on console because I like to. Games run and look satisfactory to me. I have a 3080pc of course and I use it to play games. I am pc gamers for way longer than I am a pc gamers. Hundreds of steam games, gog games, magazines, thosuands spent on parts. I still keep up with it. I feel fully justified to speak on this topic. I have pc knowledge to support it and experience on all platforms and I just decided enough is enough. PC has started to be a pain in the ass with bad ports, every game having some issues (check out pcgamingwiki and steamforums on launch of any new game). It's not that I can't deal with that. I can, easily and quickly. But I spend thousands on a pc. I feel like a tool and a fool for having stupid issues that are not on the "500$ shitbox".
-I am way past pettiness of not being able to play at lower res or 30fps. I want to play the game, have fun, not think about pc and deal with issues. Be it 30fps or whatever. I don't care. 30fps games this gen like rebirth, ff16 or dd2 played fantastic on ps5. I don't mind.
-I play console because I like the controller and NO - triggers and haptics are not fully utilized on pc. even wired some haptic layers are missing. Wireless there are no haptics.
-I like 3d audio and other features and how great the headset integrates with the console. Hell I also got a 2nd dongle to plug to my pc. It's not that I don't use that stuff with pc too.
-I like that it does HDR better
-Console offers exclusives I want. of course.
-PHYSICAL GAMES.
-No launchers. Less logins.
-Generaly it's a easy, plug and play device that I can click a button, be right in stellar blade and have fun.
-So all of that I can do on 500$ shitbox ps5 (actually 400$) or 2500$ cool pcmr fools box pc. And the end result is what? I play the same game on pc for much more money and for much less time because I am distracted by some issues or other stuff.

There are ton of reasons for wanting to play on console. Both objective and subjective. Same for playing on pc.
But the petty pcmr community now feels fully justified to attack console gamers openly. Calling us idiots, fools and laughing at people spending money to play online.
Go back being petty on pc you nvidia tools. Enjoy your gaas games and 4player indie coop shooters. Pc players don't want to spend 70$ for games like if it was 2008. 70$ nowadays is like 50$ in 2008. INFLATION. Pc gamers don't buy as much single player games. pc gaming whines and bitches. pc gamers bandwagons. pc gaming mentality will lead to death of single player games. See? I can do the same. hypocrisy works both ways.

edit: If being a satisfied customer is now being called a fanboy and bootlicker than that's who I am. Excuse me for being a satisfied customer.

Last edited:

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
There is massive arrogance in the Steam community. They're not pc gamers, they're better described as Steam / Gabe fanboys... It always amazes me the way they weave stories to glorify Gabe.

They accuse PlayStation guys of fanboyism and yet their own is ridiculous.

When you do confront some of these people and lay out the facts, they do t have much to say though....

I'm anxious to see how Ghost of Tsushima PSN login goes....

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
And Steam/PC fanboys weren't shitting on consoles before? ROFL

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
There is massive arrogance in the Steam community. They're not pc gamers, they're better described as Steam / Gabe fanboys... It always amazes me the way they weave stories to glorify Gabe.

They accuse PlayStation guys of fanboyism and yet their own is ridiculous.

When you do confront some of these people and lay out the facts, they do t have much to say though....

I'm anxious to see how Ghost of Tsushima PSN login goes....

PC players whine and they whine, yet they win.

• they're_right_you_know
  • noneofmybizz
Reactions: xollowsob and rofif

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I think many Pc gamers act this way as a response to 30/35 years of "PC gaming is dead" by gamers and mass media. And having to constantly dispel the age old myths regarding PC gaming still told by console gamers in 2024...

Steam Talibans are annoying though. No steam no buy my arse.

Last edited:

Evil Aloy

3 May 2024
Saying everyone should be playing on PC is just as stupid as saying that everyone should be playing on consoles. Choices exist for a reason, it's because we enjoy gaming in different ways. Playstation fans are by far the most chill and reasonable fanbase out there, I wish everyone else was like that too.

Zexyen

26 Mar 2024
I think many Pc gamers act this way as a to a response to 30/35 years of "PC gaming is dead" by gamers and mass media. And having to constantly dispel the age old myths regarding PC gaming still told by console gamers in 2024...

Steam Talibans are annoying though. No steam no buy my arse.
Yeah as Much as I like Steam for it's ease of convenience & multitude of Features, I have 0 qualms with using other launchers if that's where I have to be to play games. Hell I got Hades 1 when it originally launched on EGS, and I have something like 100+ Games across EA/Ubisoft/EGS/Rockstar.

Other Storefronts do have issues (Like lack of proper Regional Pricing for many At Risk Regions, lack of Key Selling tools for Publishers which reduces Discounting) but at the end of the day if I actually want to play the game, I'll just buy it 🤷

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: xollowsob

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Yeah as Much as I like Steam for it's ease of convenience & multitude of Features, I have 0 qualms with using other launchers if that's where I have to be to play games. Hell I got Hades 1 when it originally launched on EGS, and I have something like 100+ Games across EA/Ubisoft/EGS/Rockstar.

Other Storefronts do have issues (Like lack of proper Regional Pricing for many At Risk Regions, lack of Key Selling tools for Publishers which reduces Discounting) but at the end of the day if I actually want to play the game, I'll just buy it 🤷

For instance: all kingdom hearts for some reason never got to steam. But if Epic actually cut a deal with square to port those games to PC and leave them exclusive... what gives? At least they are on pc.

Hell if Epic wants to pay to have Bloodborne and Demons souls ports as exclusives, go for it. If that expedites those ports, why not? That's Fortnite money put to good use.

OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
For instance: all kingdom hearts for some reason never got to steam. But if Epic actually cut a deal with square to port those games to PC and leave them exclusive... what gives? At least they are on pc.

Hell if Epic wants to pay to have Bloodborne and Demons souls ports as exclusives, go for it. If that expedites those ports, why not? That's Fortnite money put to good use.
bloodborne. Epic exclusive + psn required for online. lol let's see the whining :p

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well:
  • Arrowhead maybe had to mention more clearly and frequently that to be able to play without logging was temporary. Very minor issue
  • If Sony was selling the PC version everywhere and were going to force PSN account, they should have included all the countries on the PSN creation account, or to say in their ToS that it's ok to create a PSN for another country, something people already does. Minor issue with apparently an easy fix
But PSN account should be included for Sony's online multiplayer games to don't depend on/wait for Steam and similar to ban players.

I think if Sony doesn't force it for MP, they should offer very important incentives to sign: some customization item included in a game store (like the cape), the trophies and PSN friends integration, maybe cross-save etc.

Even if I think it would be smarter to keep cross-save in PC only for the Sony PC launcher/store.
bloodborne. Epic exclusive + psn required for online. lol let's see the whining :p
Even better: Regarding PC, I'd make Bloodborne -and Demon's Souls- Sony PC PSN store & Sony PC launcher exclusive, with obviously PSN account required.

OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Well:
  • Arrowhead maybe had to mention more clearly and frequently that to be able to play without logging was temporary. Very minor issue
  • If Sony was selling the PC version everywhere and were going to force PSN account, they should have included all the countries on the PSN creation account, or to say in their ToS that it's ok to create a PSN for another country, something people already does. Minor issue with apparently an easy fix
But PSN account should be included for Sony's online multiplayer games to don't depend on/wait for Steam and similar to ban players.

I think if Sony doesn't force it for MP, they should offer very important incentives to sign: some customization item included in a game store (like the cape), the trophies and PSN friends integration, maybe cross-save etc.

Even if I think it would be smarter to keep cross-save in PC only for the Sony PC launcher/store.

Even better: Regarding PC, I'd make Bloodborne -and Demon's Souls- Sony PC PSN store & Sony PC launcher exclusive, with obviously PSN account required.
These are the benefits of psn that pc players will never understand.
There should just be ps launcher and be done with it