Animal Well Review Thread & |OT| Surprise hit for the animal lovers ❤️

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1715264651664.png

Animal Well is a Metroidvania video game developed by Shared Memory and published by Bigmode. The player controls a blob and explores a labyrinth filled with animals. It released for PlayStation 5, Windows, and Nintendo Switch on May 9, 2024.[1]

Trailers:

Reviews:

1715264572035.png
*91 on PC

Game Informer
MAY 9, 2024
Teeming with life, secrets, and charm that surprise and delight, Animal Well held my full, undivided attention. Even in its most trying moments, it left a mark of endearment on me thanks to its absorbing soundscape, distinct yet familiar pixel-based art style, and flexible, mold-breaking approach to exploration.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Wccftech
MAY 9, 2024
Animal Well is a fantastic breakout title from both a new developer and publishing studio. Fans of Fez and Tunic will feel right at home jumping into this well.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

PSX Brasil
MAY 9, 2024
Animal Well is stunning and mysterious, a visual delight that offers open-ended and stimulating exploration. The total lack of explanation may deter some of the public, but anyone willing to see the bottom of the iceberg, or rather, of the well, will have a lot to enjoy in this surrealist metroidvania
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Push Square
MAY 9, 2024
Animal Well is an extremely rewarding game — if you're willing to lose yourself in it. The sort of mysteries it's hiding go well beyond finding collectibles, giving you a rich and detailed world to unpack. If you have the patience and the curiosity, it's absolutely worth plumbing its depths.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

COGconnected
MAY 9, 2024
Animal Well is a refreshing twist on the Metroidvania formula. Its tight platforming and clever puzzles make each exhilarating trek to distinct regions a blast. Although the retro-inspired art direction and odd presentation may not resonate with everyone, the originality and charm that imbues the game make this trip to the absurd a must for fans of the genre.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5
tbd

Kotaku
MAY 9, 2024
There’s no doubt in my mind that Animal Well is one of the best games of the year. It’s also one I’ll never forget.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Just finished playing and I must say it is a charming game. You can get lost in it, a little frustrated but it's great overall. Having a good time :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The ambiance and sounds are really relaxing and cool too. It Def is a pick up game I'm glad I tryed it via psplus. The first game I've really picked up off tht and I'm happy I did!

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I will see if I'll start it via remote play during my vacation, but probably won't get to it. But will be the first game I play once I return home.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Just started this last night. My favorite game of the year, thus far. Some actual creativity and great use of discovery in gameplay.

Reactions: Gamernyc78