Another PC port that'll flop? Final Fantasy 16 debuts on Steam with 1470 player count

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
5FfVhXe.png

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I wonder how hard it would be for SE to port this game to the Switch 2. Maybe Nintendo-only customers still care for FF games.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I wonder how hard it would be for SE to port this game to the Switch 2. Maybe Nintendo-only customers still care for FF games.
It's quite a demanding game, I doubt it would run on a PS4 level system.

I'm no tech expert though...so maybe there is a chance.

Reactions: Entropi

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Have you seen how the new mortal kombat and Hogwarts look on the switch......... 🤮. The point of 16 was to have these massive playable eikon fights which previously were only cutscenes. Downscaling everything to get it to run on a toaster is just sad

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Have you seen how the new mortal kombat and Hogwarts look on the switch......... 🤮. The point of 16 was to have these massive playable eikon fights which previously were only cutscenes. Downscaling everything to get it to run on a toaster is just sad

Switch 2, but I get what you are saying.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It's gonna go up but you would think it would explode out the gate the way they were talking about the PC and Xbox fans just waiting with baited breath.

Is that bitch Imran Khan going to talk about the underperformance or that was reserved for the PS5 version only? Zhuge?

It's at 4,151 😬

Reactions: Dabaus and Edmund

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Switch 2, but I get what you are saying.
I don't think even switch 2 will be able to run it, FF won't do what square wants to do on switch. They have the DQ for the switch users, better focus on that for the switch playerbase.

Exclusivity will be looked on in a positive light with time because FF is not an IP that will do 10 million+ in 3 days, never was and never will be.
If Square wants those numbers they are better of trying to create a new IP.

Reactions: Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I think they should try and get their core gamers back who they've abandoned for the last 15+ years.

I agree. SE needs fresh ideas for the mainline FF games and to focus on PS first. That's where the vast majority of their customers are, the ones who buy their games at full price

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
I think they should try and get their core gamers back who they've abandoned for the last 15+ years.

you mean turn based? i wonder if that would work, XV being full action had sales in just a few years that blowed the old games out of the water that needed decades and rerelases to achieve

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Is there any review of this game for PC out there?

Looks like Square Enix sent around 0 keys to reviewers and there's been no marketing around the port whatsoever. The game's Steam page has 24 reviews as of now.
The only negative thing I'm reading about it is the fact that cutscenes run at 30FPS and there's no support for UltraWide (both of which are pretty terrible in 2024 to be honest).

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Let's see if it does 3 million in it's first week like the other topic stated on a base of billions/ 130 MAU on Steam.
It was all about Square and the list wars for the detractors not the actual game.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters