Another Xbox flop? Starfield has 14 Million players, includes those who have it for free in Game Pass.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Helldivers 2 was never availiable for free and got to 12m+ in a lot less time.

Starfield was given away by AMD, included on Gamepass, accessible for as little as $1. Based on the expectation it's an embarrassing flop and it's also an awful game that I had the displeasure of playing for about 15h.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Well I fell asleep while playing it and regret the money spent, Maybe space is really boring in real life but Todd should not have made the video game equivalent of melatonin. The theme is hard sci-fi but then they introduce fucking temples and skyrim shouts

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
If there are 20m lamePass subs, why wouldn’t each one at least try a flagship title?!?

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
Starfield sucks
Its a loading screen simulator with the pretense of a game underneath. I only exaggerate a little, but not being able to go from point a to point b without seeing multiple loading screens hurts the game so bad. Sure you can do that on planets, but most planets are empty and lifeless or have a few of the same copypasted outposts. Anything interesting in the game (there are some genuinely good quests, I love the corporate espionage happening in the Neon quests) is bogged down by the amount of nothing and the amount of loading screens that destroy immersion and keep you waiting only to find nothing. Also the ship combat is kinda lame.

Fallout 5/Elder Scrolls 6 when?

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Even Gamepass users have more sense than to waste their time playing this game.

Bloated, time-suck games seem like the worst value proposition for a service like GamePass. As a user, you're basically giving up on the primary attractive aspect of the service, which is taking advantage of a big catalog in a short period of time. Maybe it's worth it if you're using gamepass to binge all of the Yakuza series in a month.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Forza Horizon 5 reached 15 million players in just over 2 months.

Outside of Call of Duty, what's the next big game that's going to generate more subscribers for Game Pass?

If Starfield couldn't do it, I don't see Doom, State of Decay 3, Avowed, Indiana Jones, Gears, or even Fable giving a huge boost to Game Pass subscribers.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Forza Horizon 5 reached 15 million players in just over 2 months.

Outside of Call of Duty, what's the next big game that's going to generate more subscribers for Game Pass?

If Starfield couldn't do it, I don't see Doom, State of Decay 3, Avowed, Indiana Jones, Gears, or even Fable giving a huge boost to Game Pass subscribers.
I agree, if CoD doesn't do it, then nothing will.
But have they considered how devaluation of CoD via GP will affect the franchise?
From only premium FPS franchise left to bargain bin game.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon