Another Xbox flop? Starfield has 14 Million players, includes those who have it for free in Game Pass.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Probably on average. But since game truly starts at 20 hours, it is not that much. LOL
Still, it is 40h.
Significant portion of Motherfuckers can't even finish 5h Hellblade but somehow punching 40h on starfield. 14 million 😂 13M farm bots, i bet.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Probably on average. But since game truly starts at 20 hours, it is not that much. LOL
Most likely carried by the top percent of players. Their hardcore base is crazy about their games.

I’m honestly just surprised this game probably sold like 5 million, that’s very low for BGS.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Most likely carried by the top percent of players. Their hardcore base is crazy about their games.

I’m honestly just surprised this game probably sold like 5 million, that’s very low for BGS.

Maybe.

Post by @enpleinjour on IB

Not really, its an average. If 1 player played 200 hours and another played 2 hours, their average would be 101 hours.

The hour distribution of this game is likely 70/30 distribution, which from some quick maths, would have the 70% of players playing <20 hours.

The end of year achievement tracking had you in the top 35% if you played 24 hours or more

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Makes sense to me - I won't deny that Bethesda has a decently following of people who consider its games their entire life and personality, and put hundreds of hours into them.

Reactions: voke