Anyone think the Xbox full-screen ad for CoD is crazy disrespectful?

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Its wild that this was never reported on and ignored. There were also ads for Starfield and Forza and startup of the console and now COD.

If Sony did this it would have been all over the place and they would have been crucified for it.

Xbox does it and no one says a thing. How convenient

modern-warfare-3-boot-screen-1698963318480.jfif

Last edited:

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Its wild that this was never reported on and ignored. There were also ads for Starfield and Forza and startup of the console and now COD.

If Sony did this it would have been all over the place and they would have been crucified for it.

Xbox does it and no one says a thing. How convenient

Will you ever defeat that Hedgehog?

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I wouldn't know. I don't own an Xbox.

As always, MS leads the charge to the gutter. The faster the brand dies, and with it the hardware, the better, and the declining sales are, if anything, way too slow. Yes it sucks for those with 10000 or 100000 achievements and their library tied to the Xbox ecosystem but it's the way it's. This company is never gonna change and the longer Xbox stays in the console business, the worse it gets for everyone - not just Xbox fans who have it worse than everyone else. Sega fans adjusted, and the sun shined the day after. There is Nintendo, PC and PlayStation to migrate to - infinitely better options.

Solution is simple: Stop buying Xbox. And recommend that others stop as well.

Last edited:

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
For a game that’s an automatic purchase for a good bit of its fan base you shouldn’t have to do this.

Reactions: toadsage44

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
For a game that’s an automatic purchase for a good bit of its fan base you shouldn’t have to do this.
Have you used windows lately? My nephew got a gaming laptop, it came with a full screen ad for gamepass every time he booted it, they add a line "better with gamepass" in pretty much anything that could be indirectly related in the windows store (the Dolby Atmos app has that, WTF).

MS has no shame.

Time for me to walk the walk and move on to Linux or something.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
It is disgusting behavior. While it is a easy way to reach their userbase, and understandable from a corporate standpoint - yet again Microsoft is tone-deaf to what consumers want vs what they feel they can get away with.

Last edited:

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I would be livid if I was an XBox customer. Since I'm not, I'm just watching to see how far they'll go with this and their other recent moves (raising prices on software and hardware, for example) and how long it takes for the less fanatical fans to decide they've had enough.

Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
I would be livid if I was an XBox customer. Since I'm not, I'm just watching to see how far they'll go with this and their other recent moves (raising prices on software and hardware, for example) and how long it takes for the less fanatical fans to decide they've had enough.
The biggest problem is that if they get away with this shit for long enough, others will follow suit. Remember when online multiplayer was free in most consoles?

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I actually don’t care at all about this, but the bots are all over forums and twitter defending it. MS is taking massive Ls lately.

• sad
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster