Apparently Baldur's Gate 3 has sold 5.2 million copies or close to 6 million on Steam according to the Belgian Embassy in China

D

Deleted member 782

I was expecting way more with 3 years early access and almost 1 million concurrent players. 7-8 millions minimum.

I guess sales on Steam are smaller than we think if an all-time top 10 hit only sold 5 millions.
5.2 million units sold in 2 weeks on a single platform is spectacular, and you can't judge total sales units based on Steam's CCU alone because sales increase over time. Take a look at The Witcher 3, for example; that game only has 130K peak CCU but sold over 13 million units on PC. Monster Hunter World sold over 5.7 million units (November 2020) with 330K CCU.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Remij

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
5.2 million units sold in 2 weeks on a single platform is spectacular, and you can't judge total sales units based on Steam's CCU alone because sales increase over time. Take a look at The Witcher 3, for example; that game only has 130K peak CCU but sold over 13 million units on PC. Monster Hunter World sold over 5.7 million units (November 2020) with 330K CCU.
It's not 2 weeks only. It already sold 2.5 millions in early access (3 years). Basically double the sales so about 3 millions on release. We all know 3 millions is small or flop territory if it's on PS only.

And yes sales go up over time like every platform ever. Duh.

Be honest, if you hear almost 1 milion concurrent players you think "wow it must have sold like 5 millions"?

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
5.2M Repacks you mean? Those hackers and modders don't buy games. PS/Nintendo gamers are the only ones that buy games at full price day one. Let alone buy games.

Franchises like Baldurs Gate would not be possible without PS sales.

Have you seen score leaderboards of PC games? All hacked. Clearly the same thing happened here, those modders must hacked the Belgian embassy servers and installed steam on it to prop the number of users that is obviously fake.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
5.2M Repacks you mean? Those hackers and modders don't buy games. PS/Nintendo gamers are the only ones that buy games at full price day one. Let alone buy games.

Have you seen score leaderboards of PC games? All hacked. Clearly the same thing happened here, those modders must hacked the Belgian embassy servers and installed steam on it to prop the number of users that is obviously fake.
Not all games can do what baldurs gate 3 can.

And games that don't have that kinda pull are prime target for pirates.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

I'm tired of your shtick already.

Clench your butt and keep it inside.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
He is being sarcastic to "own" the people who says Sony porting their old catalogue on PC is bad.
I know but he's been doing the same kind of posts in multiple threads. It's overdone.

That's why I keep a notepad so I don't make the same jokes over and over again.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
A very tiny % PC only games sold 5M units, way under 1%. And out of the ones who achieved it, many of them needed way more time to achieve that.
Yep, PC is a very tiny gaming market. It's incredible that this game even sold that much. Also shows that for the most part, you can just skip PC and be no worse off. Looking forward to true release on PS5.

• haha
Reactions: Systemshock2023

EDMIX

Doing the quick Steam reviews x 25 estimation method, says around 5.048.375 so yes, 5.2M units sold on Steam alone is very likely specially considering that some players take their time before making their user review.

Yes, its users reviews were very bad at launch and improved quite a lot: 78% positive. Doing the user reviews x 25 estimation method it sais that Cyberpunk 2077 sold around 15.7M units on Steam. You have to add there GoG sales, console sales etc.

True, either way I want Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield to CURB STOMP that game so we can show what real RPGs actually are.

People will buy Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield based on what they are, they are buying Cyberpunk based on claims of what the company claimed it was...

A chunk of features promised in Cyberpunk exist more in Starfield, then they do in Cyberpunk lol Like the whole bullshit about "sTreeT kiDz" or "cOrpRoz" lol That shit literally amounted to a different cut scene in the opening and where you started annnnnnnnd thats about it. So Starfield seems to have a more solid grounded thing with actually having REAL factions you join, not merely mentioning it as some PR thing to sucker people into buying the game.

If Bethesda tells us you can be this or that, we understand what they mean.

If CDPR tells us you can be this or that, a whole load of horseshit is involved where 99% of what they are saying is either exaggerated, or they are purposely misleading consumers about the significances of the feature.

You have a trailer telling you about customizable parts in cars in Cyberpunk, nothing like that exist in the game.

You have a trailer telling you about customizable parts in Starfield, we know this to be true as Bethesda is a trusted developer. So as much as I wanted to like Cyberpunk, they are trying to fucking have you buy a game today, they might, maybe try to create tomorrow and they'll need another $30 so you can cover their fuck up.

This year releasing with so many complete, solid RPGs, the irony of putting out $30 DLC, while everyone else is getting it right the first fucking time as a complete working thing goes to show how much bullshit that company was on.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
True, either way I want Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield to CURB STOMP that game so we can show what real RPGs actually are.

People will buy Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield based on what they are, they are buying Cyberpunk based on claims of what the company claimed it was...
I bet Cyberpunk 2077 and Baldur's Gate 3 will sell way, way more than Starfield. Consider that Starfield won't be (at least for a long period) on PlayStation, and that will be included day one on GP.

Also, after seeing the state of Redfall, Fallout 76 or Elder Scrolls Online at launch it isn't easy to be optimistic wth big Bethesda releases.

EDMIX

I bet Cyberpunk 2077 and Baldur's Gate 3 will sell way, way more than Starfield. Consider that Starfield won't be (at least for a long period) on PlayStation, and that will be included day one on GP.

Also, after seeing the state of Redfall, Fallout 76 or Elder Scrolls Online at launch it isn't easy to be optimistic wth big Bethesda releases.

Yea, none of those are the same teams and most of us know that who buy their games lol

Non-issue.

Its hard to see how Starfield will sell as indeed it is on less platforms, but it is a massive Bethesda RPG. Fallout 4 selling like 13, 14 million shows they have a deep install base of fans, but Fallout 4 was also on many platforms and Skyrim doing 60 million clearly also has to do with being on many platforms, I think that will hurt them more then anything else tbh.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Starfield is going to sell gamespass. Actual purchases will be fans of Bethesda games. Why would anyone pay $70 when it’s what… 12 bucks by way of gamepass? You won’t be able to make direct comparisons to competing products not on gamepass. And that’s gamepass on both pc and Xbox. This will be a push from MS to sway more users over from steam to their storefront as well.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
O
Starfield is going to sell gamespass. Actual purchases will be fans of Bethesda games. Why would anyone pay $70 when it’s what… 12 bucks by way of gamepass? You won’t be able to make direct comparisons to competing products not on gamepass. And that’s gamepass on both pc and Xbox. This will be a push from MS to sway more users over from steam to their storefront as well.

I will be paying for exactly one month of gamepass lol

Reactions: EDMIX

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
O

I will be paying for exactly one month of gamepass lol

Our profile pics

spiderman-meme-1630319444.jpg

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
lol it isnt even outselling a niche game like bomb rush cyberfunk
View attachment 2071

Uh... lol what the hell are you talking about? First of all, I was talking about Baldur's Gate 3.. which is what this thread is about...

Secondly, LMAO, I'm going to screenshot this.. as you're saying Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is going to outsell Starfield 😂

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
To pay $70 once is less than to rent it for around $200 per year. But GP includes way more games.

Reactions: EDMIX