Apple making ‘drastic cuts’ to Vision Pro headset goals due to production woes: report

D

Deleted member 417

It isn't production woes, it's because people are finally sick of Apple trying to screw their customers over.

They can use whatever excuse they want, nobody buying a £3500 headset to watch apple tv

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Trying to introduce new mass appeal tech without a loss leader strategy. Good luck!

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
No offense but you guys are clueless, $3500 is cheap and this will sell well. Also this report is most likely fake, just like with the PSVR2 nonsense from Bloomberg which also turned out to be fake.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: anonpuffs

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
No offense but you guys are clueless, $3500 is cheap and this will sell well. Also this report is most likely fake, just with the PSVR2 nonsense from Bloomberg which also turned out to be fake.

Cheap? Since when is 3.5k cheap? Unless we're talking Kwanza here.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Isn't Apple reliant on Sony for the parts (screens) here? And Sony refuses to commit to a higher number?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
No offense but you guys are clueless, $3500 is cheap and this will sell well. Also this report is most likely fake, just like with the PSVR2 nonsense from Bloomberg which also turned out to be fake.
"$3500 is cheap"

My dude over half of America can't afford a $500 emergency and you think $3500 is cheap, for a gimmick with no killer app?

Reactions: Yurinka

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
"$3500 is cheap"

My dude over half of America can't afford a $500 emergency and you think $3500 is cheap, for a gimmick with no killer app?
Well good thing this product isn't made for half of America. Just like with many of Apple's products, this is targeted to the top 5%, not the bottom 95%. No killer app? This isn't a gaming device 😂 Did you even watch the presentation?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Well good thing this product isn't made for half of America. Just like with many of Apple's products, this is targeted to the top 5%, not the bottom 95%. No killer app? This isn't a gaming device 😂 Did you even watch the presentation?
Yeah, and there's no killer app. Also bullshit, iphone has 50% market share in the US, so does ipad. So no, Apple doesn't target all of its products at the top 5%. Stop being disingenuous.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Yeah, and there's no killer app. Also bullshit, iphone has 50% market share in the US, so does ipad. So no, Apple doesn't target all of its products at the top 5%. Stop being disingenuous.
Uhh...I never said "ALL OF ITS PRODUCTS", I said MANY, as in not all. I'm talking about things like the Mac Pro, XDR display, Apple Watch Ultra, unified storage/ram upgrades on their Macbooks. A bunch of people complain those are too expensive, but the people complaining aren't the target audience. I already told you, this isn't a gaming device, the concept of a "killer app" doesn't apply at all here. I'm not being disingenuous, you just interpreted my comment incorrectly.