Are you a PlayStation enthusiast first or a PlayStation business fan?

24 Jun 2022
PlayStation enthusiast, but not at the expense of other platforms i.e Nintendo, SEGA, or even Xbox. Yes I've pretty much criticized Xbox leadership and business strategies into the ground the last few years, and I think their days as a traditional console (& the business model thereof) are over; the actual hardware (well, the Series X) is solid and they mostly make good games, just few "groundbreaking" or industry-leading ones, and none (without acquisitions) that have been mainstream mega-hits over the past 10 years, including Halo. Which is why when they do release a bad game (i.e RedFall), it looks so much worst on them. Maybe now with Zenimax & ABK that'll start to change.

PlayStation wasn't my first gaming console (Genesis was), but it was close enough. The energy the platform had in earlier iterations is why I'm still a fan of it to this day, but I've become magnitudes more skeptical of their own business strategies for the long-term prosperity of their console hardware over the past year or so. And of course I want the platform holder to prosper financially; however if that ends up meaning there is very little in it for my personal enjoyment anymore, then I don't have to like it.

I can accept if they're going one way or another, but if I need my gaming tastes served elsewhere in addition to or in lieu of PlayStation, I'll go there.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If your a fan of the games, then you have to support them being a successful business.

“I dont care about the business, I only care about the sony games” Well they need to succeed financially to make more games…

The CEO’s and board members, they can all drop and Fuq off though. They take way too much money and are killing the industry with there expectations. Playstation made 9 billion last gen and 10 billion so far with the PS5, but we have had no upgrade in quality or quantity to notice from last generation. Infact they still act like they dont have enough man power to for certain things.

Last edited: