Are you happy with the direction Kingdom Hearts went? (spoilers for KH series)

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
The direction the series has taken after KH1 annoys me so much. KH1 was a fantastic example of a simple premise being utilised brilliantly. Kingdom Hearts 1 was charming and mysterious in equal measure, and placed great emphasis on character whilst having a strong, simple plot. It's an extremely well-paced game. It's over a decade later, and I still get sucked into the incredible atmosphere of Traverse Town, Wonderland, Monstro, Hollow Bastion, and The End of the World. I know the camera and platforming wasn't perfect, but it was such a joy getting to explore these worlds (especially with the verticality to the levels), and then with the added bonus of coming back later with Trinities to unlock secrets. I loved how you got to explore more and more Traverse Town as the story progressed.

Aaaaaaand then CoM and KH2 came along! BBS and DDD! Nobodies, everywhere! Ansem/Xehanort/Xemnas/time-travel shenanigans! Everyone is now Xehanort! (Including your mom.) Organisation XIII, where it seemingly occurred to no one that this series was supposed to be Disney/Final Fantasy Crossover not Sora and his clones fighting Xehanort and his clones.

Kingdom Hearts I = Good.

Everything Else = Anime Garbage.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Yeah, the direction it went was "right up its own ass" so I can't say that I am.

Reactions: Vertigo