Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon | Review Thread

What scores do you think Armored Core VI will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 55-60%

• 60-65%

• 65-70%

• 70-75%

• 75-80%

• 80-85%

• 85-90%

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • 95-100%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I mean yeah, that's true, but I fail to see anything wrong with the game in any technical aspect that would drag it down.
Also, I'm calling the fench out
View attachment 2118
There isn't really nothing wrong with. I saw one review saying is too complicated the controls and stuff. Honestly they're all irrelevant. This game is good

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Seems it's less demanding than Elden ring and uses less RAM. For reference a 3050 can play it at 4k 35/40 Fps at medium/high settings. I can even see a 750ti or a steam deck having decent performance.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I don't like the level design, feel too much verticality. Also the lock on system is made for Parkinson patients or something.

Also S easier than I thought, first try all 6 missions and already got S on all of them.

• Surprised
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Can't wait to go home to customize my mech lol

Needs to look like a gundam

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Ok the first helicopter boss is incredibly trash and annoying. It's like they want you to stop playing right at the beginning 😡

I had to kill it with multiple assault melee attacks (L3 + L2). It's the only way because my guns barely made any damage and they were constantly reloading. Even the cooldown after melee is too long.

Regular enemies and mission after that are okay but I'm scared for the next boss.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Ok the first helicopter boss is incredibly trash and annoying. It's like they want you to stop playing right at the beginning 😡

I had to kill it with multiple assault melee attacks (L3 + L2). It's the only way because my guns barely made any damage and they were constantly reloading. Even the cooldown after melee is too long.

Regular enemies and mission after that are okay but I'm scared for the next boss.

You should be 😬

• Surprised

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

It's very weak to melee. I die for 3 hours till I tried melee. Took me 15 min

• Shake

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
From is probably the only developer that can get away with having shit tier graphics, shit tier reused animations, and non existent story and their cult eats it up because there games are Twitch fodder.

and No reviewer will hold them to the same standard as other companies because they don't want to upset their cult.

• Surprised

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
You should be 😬
Is it the Juggernaut? I'm done for today or maybe ever. I'm so pissed. I'm not even sure where I'm supposed to hit him, obviously not from the front but I can't get behind fast enough 🤬

From is probably the only developer that can get away with having shit tier graphics, shit tier reused animations, and non existent story and their cult eats it up because there games are Twitch fodder.

and No reviewer will hold them to the same standard as other companies because they don't want to upset their cult.
The graphics are fine for a mech game. They did reuse a lot of animations in the Souls game but I'm not sure here. Is it the same Pyre engine from Sony on PS3 🤔

I agree that FROM are at that level now, their games will never get attacked again. Rockstar level.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Is it the Juggernaut

Season 9 No GIF by The Office

Juggernaut is technically a mini-boss. He’s easy once you figure out his weakpoint. Its the top back of his head. Fly over him and shoot him in his weak point and he’ll stagger fairly quickly. Its easy because he’ll continually try and charge you which gives you a good opportunity

The key to this game like other Fromsoft games is not to psyche yourself out about difficulty. This game makes trying different builds relatively painless. Almost everything you sell you get the exact amount you paid for it back so you can try whatever.

• Informative

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

The graphics are fine, they aren’t the best out but the performance makes up for it. I’m getting a solid 60 almost, and its like 4k. Even the ugliest games look great on a big oled tv with good framerate and resolution.

These gameplay first games are going to be considered the best games of this generation moving forward. I feel like sony might have to switch it up a bit with overly cinematic reliance they have.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Holly fuck this game is hard 😆 🤣 spend few hours just to kill that boss everyone is struggling with. Manage to beat him once I got more aggressive. Phew this game is fantastic

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
crazy how short this game is but it's full priced. games used to be raked over the coals for things like that. anyway i'm playing it now and it's okay, nothing amazing and nothing terrible. the best mech/flying robot combat to me is still Anthem.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
crazy how short this game is but it's full priced. games used to be raked over the coals for things like that. anyway i'm playing it now and it's okay, nothing amazing and nothing terrible. the best mech/flying robot combat to me is still Anthem.
I noticed that.

Seems like a B side project with PS3 graphics with a small team to gone gold asap.
I hoped for a bit more care from From Software with the revive of the franchise.