Arrowhead, Larian, Shift Up - Great studios on the rise.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Gamer sentiment, news articles, sales data, anything. Could have an nyse equivalent with "blue chip" studios. The question is what limited resource posters would have for valuation purposes. Maybe weekly strawpolls on sell/buy? Idk just a concept, would need some work to be actually usable
Well, we have been discussing making a Sony investors club as part of the forum, so we could grow the idea out to include such a thing, I really think it's a cool idea.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Well I definitely had the right idea ;)
Arrowhead are good developers and they deserve financial stability just like Sony provided to Housemarque. They should get acquired.

IF Sony doesn't nurture the relationship with Arrowhead going forward I will have definitely lost all faith in this company.

Reactions: Bryank75

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Wow haven't seen that before. Pearl Abyss would fit right in with the old playstation studios. High quality third person games with excellent graphics.

Agreed. Trailer is over four years old but it looks great. Plus, it gives off Terminator vibes which is great for me. I'm hoping that after Crimson Desert, Pearl Abyss goes all in with Plan 8 if they haven't already.

Reactions: Bryank75

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Embracer and Tencent are probably getting ready to make an offer to each studio to then lay off 30% of their staff.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I wouldn't forget the Kena, Stray and Sifu folks. I think their next game or the one after it may be a huge hit, so I'd invest in these guys for their upcoming game and if it works well I'd buy them before they get too popular and expensive.

Shift Up is not in the big leagues, I've yet to be convinced the horny weeb market is as mainstream as the other games you named. Out of the south kroean studios I'm much more excited for Pearl Abyss. Crimson Desert looks amazing and DokeV could be PS5's Palworld.
Well, PS's Palworld were Fall Guys, Rocket League and Genshin Impact. I think DokeV may work very well in Asia, but not in the west. I think their next non-Japanese Asian big hit will be ZZZ from Mihoyo.

There's Stellar Blade too, but it's a SP non-GaaS paid premium game from a somewhat niche, I think it will sell somewhere between the Bayonetta games (around 2M) and DMC games (5-8M). Not a huge high, but great numbers for the niche.

Embracer and Tencent are probably getting ready to make an offer to each studio to then lay off 30% of their staff.
Arrowhead only worked with Sony during many years, not only in Helldivers games. I don't think they'd sell to anyone else.

Larian never wanted to sell, and now that they have a shit ton of money even less. I don't see them selling.

Shift Up didn't sell a ton and I think their game doesn't have potential of being a super seller, I don't think Tencent or Embracer (who I think doesn't have Asian studios) would go for them.

If Stellar Blade meets Sony's expectations, the maybe Sony could get Arrowhead and Shit Up in a year or two once they go back for acquisitions. But knowing that people in California get scared to see pretty or hot women I think that the SIE US HQ would try to block the Shift Up acquisition.

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Pocket Pair? LMAO

Zero creativity. Just copying what Nintendo, Hollow Knight and other devs are doing.

Delete that asap. They don't deserve to be on the same list as Arrowhead.
Yeah Helldivers is completely original and in no way evokes any other property I can think of. Keep up the good work, citizen.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I would like to see Sony buy Larian
Sony should buy Hasbro then work with Larian on more Baldur's Gate games for PS/PC. :ROFLMAO:

Make PlayStation a bigger player when it comes to family games, mobile, merchandise and RPGs.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Shift Up and Ember Labs should be acquired expeditiously. Larian doesn’t want to be bought but I think they should stay independent regardless. Arrowhead would be a good acquisition but not really necessary since Sony already owns the IP

Reactions: Entropi

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Sony owns both and the other one is not even a game 🤡
:/ why should either of these matter in terms of the team's creativity, where you were taking issue? Palworld is nothing like any existing Pokemon game. Pokemon is either a pretty classic Dragon Warrior derived RPG or an augmented reality game.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
:/ why should either of these matter in terms of the team's creativity, where you were taking issue? Palworld is nothing like any existing Pokemon game. Pokemon is either a pretty classic Dragon Warrior derived RPG or an augmented reality game.
Your intense Palworld defense is getting creepier every week 😂

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Sony should buy Hasbro then work with Larian on more Baldur's Gate games for PS/PC. :ROFLMAO:

Make PlayStation a bigger player when it comes to family games, mobile, merchandise and RPGs.
They definitely need more family games. Astro and Sackboy alone aren't penetrating the casual audiences

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
the need to defend a corporation's copyrights on a gamer forum is hallway monitor narc shit. narcs get a swirly.
The dude that reports everyone over little jokes is calling others narcs? 😂😂😂😂 the jokes write themselves, and if this were a school, you’d get wedgies and swirlies every day for ratting to the teachers 🤣

You're the real life Randall the Snitch from Recess, "MISS FINSTER MISS FINSTER!" 🤣🤣
Randall_weems.jpg

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
We have a Palworld fanboy in the house. Those AI animal characters assets flips are really your thing 😏

There's many Pokemon games in many different genres. What's the last one you played? Because Palworld is not in the exact same genre as a mainline Pokemon doesn't mean it's creative. 90% is still copied.

Xbox was still third in units on Jan NPD. You and Infinity can give it up. Fetch won't happen.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
We have a Palworld fanboy in the house. Those AI animal characters assets flips are really your thing 😏

There's many Pokemon games in many different genres. What's the last one you played? Because Palworld is not in the exact same genre as a mainline Pokemon doesn't mean it's creative. 90% is still copied.

Xbox was still third in units on Jan NPD. You and Infinity can give it up. Fetch won't happen.
200.gif