Arrowhead studios wants to release Helldivers 2 on Xbox

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

Arrowhead studios wrote in the comment section that “We want to, but it’s not up to use” (this was 2 month ago) you guys ready for that Xbox port under Herman Hulst? Was just going over there YouTube to see how the reception was to before the release of the game & found that.

Why even mention this. Especially seeing how Xbox wanted to “spend em out of business” of there publisher/supporter. Literally if Sony didn't invest in them since 2016 they would’ve been doa since there previous games weren’t major hits & reviewed mix/poorly & the pandemic. Anyways Xbox is a dead platform that don’t buy games due to gamepass

PS lost its identity. Bet studios in-house & partners want there games on PC & other platforms seeing how PS is releasing games like Lego Horizon on Nintendo & other ten pole games on PC.

Anyways hopefully Sony partners w a Chinese mobile publisher or Korean/japanese & get a mobile port of HD2 similar to COD Warzone Mobile also a live action tv show w WB MAX & a animated film.

Last edited:

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
No Way Wow GIF

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Concord art direction would fit well with modern Disney Wars that’s for sure.

That’s also a key issue. Disney Wars is fan fiction garbage…. I take that back. Fan fiction was better.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
When the game launched the studio president or whoever was laughing at Phil Spencer’s port begging comment about “I don’t know who it helps” on HD2 being exclusive.

I don’t know who handles the YouTube account. Probably some intern.

Wouldn’t be too shocked if it happened. SIE is not ran in LA. Japan makes all the decisions. They’re the ones who started this PC stuff with the support of Herman Hulst. Jim Ryan at least tried to hold it off and listened to the fans.

In the recent 30th anniversary video the platform guy even mentioned “our competitors” being included in the celebration. Sony Japan is the problem.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
When the game launched the studio president or whoever was laughing at Phil Spencer’s port begging comment about “I don’t know who it helps” on HD2 being exclusive.

I don’t know who handles the YouTube account. Probably some intern.

Wouldn’t be too shocked if it happened. SIE is not ran in LA. Japan makes all the decisions. They’re the ones who started this PC stuff with the support of Herman Hulst. Jim Ryan at least tried to hold it off and listened to the fans.

In the recent 30th anniversary video the platform guy even mentioned “our competitors” being included in the celebration. Sony Japan is the problem.

The timing of this is no coincidence either

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

Do you know what you've said? 😁

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Do you know what you've said? 😁

Yes.

Jim Ryan publicly said he gets emails from fans telling him not to mess up PlayStation. Said that fans believe 2 to 3 years is best for PC ports. It would be better if no ports, but I guess that’s the compromise.

Have you noticed as soon as he retired there’s been day one PC releases of remasters and the single player games is no longer 2 years? God of War R went to PC in 1 1/2 years.

People who complained about Jim Ryan don’t realize how good we had it. He batted for the PS console. Now Herman and Japan are more focused on supporting PC and Nintendo. Soon Xbox.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Yes.

Jim Ryan publicly said he gets emails from fans telling him not to mess up PlayStation. Said that fans believe 2 to 3 years is best for PC ports. It would be better if no ports, but I guess that’s the compromise.

Have you noticed as soon as he retired there’s been day one PC releases if the remasters and the single player games is no longer 2 years? God of War R went to PC in 1 1/2 years.

People who complained about Jim Ryan don’t realize how good we had it. He batted for the PS console. Now Herman and Japan are more focused on supporting PC and Nintendo. Soon Xbox.
It's all coming from the top.

I have heard Hitoki Totoki is a real problem.

If that is indeed the case, we can't fully blame the people like Jim Ryan and Hermen but I would respect them more if they stood against this stuff.

From the point the philosophy slchanged from exclusives being to attract people to the platform, to now when first party is focused on making money as much as possible.... Ports to other platforms and GAAS l.... The standard has dropped immensely.... Not production but pace, focus on new and interesting titles, presentation and events etc...

This excitement has not been the same.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes.

Have you noticed as soon as he retired there’s been day one PC releases of remasters and the single player games is no longer 2 years? God of War R went to PC in 1 1/2 years.

Nah, things continue as they were:
  • New SP PS Studios IP games only on PS for 2+ years
  • Some of the new GaaS (apparently all except GT and until now MLB, which is released in other consoles) day one on PC
  • Some of new games of external IPs (MLB, Lego) on other platforms day one
The 2+ years thing is counted from their original release, not from remasters/remakes. The remaster thing is basically to relaunch the game making it look less old/outdated in terms of marketing and make the PC fans look at the difference vs the console remake instead of the difference what Sony counts, the original release.

Meaning, PS players interested in TLOU1 had 10 years to play it on PS. 9 years for Until Dawn. 6 and a half for Uncharted 4. 4 years for TLOU2 if the remaster ends being released in PC this year. Many of these games have been even included on PS+, PS+ Collection, Days of Play etc. so basically most PS players remotely interested on these games that got a late PC port already got them.

In the same way that MLB is a rare exception (sports license not owned by them), the Lego one is also particular because in addition to using the Lego IP, traditionally multiplatform games, the kids games sell mostly on Nintendo, so did test it I assume to see if they can get new console fans from there that later would move to their PS console to play the other games, in the same way that apparently they are growing their PS console userbase via PC.

They publicly said multiple times that their idea is to continue focusing on their own console, but also to expand in all areas, including putting their games in non-PS platforms due to several reasons (need to grow, rising dev costs, need to compensate loses from selling hardware, console market not growing and most playerbase being outside PS, etc).

Last edited: