Arrowhead studios wants to release Helldivers 2 on Xbox

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
It's all coming from the top.

I have heard Hitoki Totoki is a real problem.

If that is indeed the case, we can't fully blame the people like Jim Ryan and Hermen but I would respect them more if they stood against this stuff.

From the point the philosophy slchanged from exclusives being to attract people to the platform, to now when first party is focused on making money as much as possible.... Ports to other platforms and GAAS l.... The standard has dropped immensely.... Not production but pace, focus on new and interesting titles, presentation and events etc...

This excitement has not been the same.

Yeah that Hitoki Totoki guy is the one that keeps talking about revenue growth or something.

Jim Ryan did indeed try to stand against it. Hence the over 2 year wait. Herman is a puppet that doesn’t care anything about PlayStation legacy. He’s just there to increase profits any way possible.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Hermen Hulst needs to go. I have been praying and tagging Sony executives on Twitter for at least for years. Propaganda works over time and given the horrible track-record of Hulst, it will definitely not take too long until this Jimbo 2.0 gets sacked. The position of the head of 1st party needs to be filled with Japanese. Also they need to move the HQ asap to Japan back. Enough with western dumbasses ruining PlayStation's legacy. If Hermen should get sacked in the next years they should give Lin Tao the post for 1st party head.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Helldivers 2 gets ported to Xbox. It's a live service game and they want as many players in the game as possible.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Nah, things continue as they were:
  • New SP PS Studios IP games only on PS for 2+ years
  • Some of the new GaaS (apparently all except GT and until now MLB, which is released in other consoles) day one on PC
  • Some of new games of external IPs (MLB, Lego) on other platforms day one
The 2+ years thing is counted from their original release, not from remasters/remakes. The remaster thing is basically to relaunch the game making it look less old/outdated in terms of marketing and make the PC fans look at the difference vs the console remake instead of the difference what Sony counts, the original release.

Meaning, PS players interested in TLOU1 had 10 years to play it on PS. 9 years for Until Dawn. 6 and a half for Uncharted 4. 4 years for TLOU2 if the remaster ends being released in PC this year. Many of these games have been even included on PS+, PS+ Collection, Days of Play etc. so basically most PS players remotely interested on these games that got a late PC port already got them.

In the same way that MLB is a rare exception (sports license not owned by them), the Lego one is also particular because in addition to using the Lego IP, traditionally multiplatform games, the kids games sell mostly on Nintendo, so did test it I assume to see if they can get new console fans from there that later would move to their PS console to play the other games, in the same way that apparently they are growing their PS console userbase via PC.

They publicly said multiple times that their idea is to continue focusing on their own console, but also to expand in all areas, including putting their games in non-PS platforms due to several reasons (need to grow, rising dev costs, need to compensate loses from selling hardware, console market not growing and most playerbase being outside PS, etc).

GoW R went to PC in less than 2 years. That refutes everything is business as usual.

Remasters were never said to be day one. PS first party overall was never said to be day one PC originally.

When Sony first announced the PC port of Horizon Zero Dawn, Herman Lying Hulst said “To reassure PS fans this doesn’t mean all games will go to PC.” They lied and went from

It’s only Horizon and not all games

2 to 3 years

Day one gaas

Day one remasters

Less than 2 years for single player

Putting games on Nintendo

Sony slowly trickled PC support and kept dragging us along with their bullshit about increase in players and revenue. Always changing the goalpost from they originally said.

You can believe Sony PR if you want to. The rest of us have more common sense than that.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Arrow Head being the ultimate Pick Me devs I never saw that coming earlier this year when I was their biggest cheerleader prior to launch. But the then CEO proved to be one the biggest idiots ever.... So can't say I'm surprised at the kinda losers they have employed to even run their social pages..

Sony might do it but so far it seems they still hate Xbox enough to not want their products there... But Satya has ninja's on their board working over time.

• Informative
Reactions: On Demand

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Arrow Head being the ultimate Pick Me devs I never saw that coming earlier this year when I was their biggest cheerleader prior to launch. But the then CEO proved to be one the biggest idiots ever.... So can't say I'm surprised at the kinda losers they have employed to even run their social pages..

Sony might do it but so far it seems they still hate Xbox enough to not want their products there... But Satya has ninja's on their board working over time.
“Satya has ninja's on their board working over time”.

I didn’t know that. Lol

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Could be. If there is a genre Xbox users guaranteed buy, then it's definitely Shooter/MP.

Agreed. Xbox has always been called and referred to as the shooter box. Plus it's a PvE game which I do believe would do better than another PvP game.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
It's not a question of genre. They don't buy games. A port's a waste of time and money that could be used on a PS game.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
It's not a question of genre. They don't buy games. A port's a waste of time and money that could be used on a PS game.
That's correct but if there is a genre Xbox fans would likely support, then it's shooter. It's more likely than selling JRPGs or platformer on Xbox though.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Maybe next time they should fund their own games instead of using Corporate overlords money and resources for 8 years then.. instead of constantly being pubicly ungrateful
No, no, publishers should be grateful to their developers, not the other way around. The developers make the games and are the reasons the publishers get the money. One might argue Helldivers 2 would not be what it is without Sony, but Sony would not have invested money in it if they didn't think it would bring them profits. And it did; Helldivers 2 is currently Sony's most successful live service game. Sony owes that to Arrowhead and its talent.