Assassin's Creed Black Flag remake could now be in development

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

1705756778940.png

Last year, we reported exclusively on the list of Assassin’s Creed titles in development or planned at Ubisoft.

At the time, we mentioned that the Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Remake had recently been greenlit.

Now, thanks to a reference that has surfaced on a LinkedIn profile, it seems that the development of the Black Flag Remake kicked off just two months later, in September 2023.

In a report published a month before our list was written up, news surfaced that Ubisoft Singapore would be working on the recreation of one of the most popular Assassin’s Creed games ever – Black Flag.

Now, details have been discovered on the LinkedIn Profile of a Lead Artist at that very same studio, with claims that they have been working on an ‘unannounced project’ since September 2023 alongside the likes of Mirage and Valhalla’s Siege of Paris DLC.

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They should remake AC1-3 first. Resize it and details like Unity

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Weird having 2 games coming out same year with almost the same selling point "fighting pirates ships"

BF4 coming out will hurt SnB sales real bad
I think this would actually take the spotlight.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Love this game, the entire Kenway saga is 10/10 (AC4, AC Unity, and AC3). That trilogy is just as good as the Ezio trilogy imo. But this doesn't really need a remake, it aged like fine wine.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Not a remake tho. Then again, i don't trust UBI to remake it right. Since the Prince of persia remake looks like ass.
at least they had the sense to halt and restart development, hopefully they get it right the 2nd time around

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I can't believe they never siphoned-off the pirate ship coding, added a few MTX and made a small evergreen title out of it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I can't believe they never siphoned-off the pirate ship coding, added a few MTX and made a small evergreen title out of it.
Thts what made the game diff and better for alot of ppl correct? The ship battles?

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Thts what made the game diff and better for alot of ppl correct? The ship battles?
Yep.

I thought the BF MP "was" pirate battles you had to play a few levels of story to unlock or something (not a AC fan), instead it was hide and seek b.s. Imagine my surprise trying it out, lol.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yep.

I thought the BF MP "was" pirate battles you had to play a few levels of story to unlock or something (not a AC fan), instead it was hide and seek b.s. Imagine my surprise trying it out, lol.
Ahhh the disappointment lol