Astro Bot will be priced at 60$ USD, the same price as sackboy: a big adventure

OP
OP
TigerFang

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
What do you guys think of this?

Personally I think it's definitely a fair price for a full Astro Bot game with 6 galaxies & 80 different levels.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think it's probably a fair price, however optics wise they should price this like Switch Games. Based on that price, it will cost 60 quid here in Ireland, whereas Switch games cost 50.

I will buy it nevertheless, but others may be dissuaded, especially the more casual players and parents buying the game for their kids.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
What do you guys think of this?

Personally I think it's definitely a fair price for a full Astro Bot game with 6 galaxies & 80 different levels.
is that £49.99.

I think I am going to support them; as I said, I don't buy full-price games. real life is very expensive.

But in this case, I will make an exception as this this is complete quality and I want them to make more like this in the future.

OP
OP
TigerFang

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
is that £49.99.

I think I am going to support them; as I said, I don't buy full-price games. real life is very expensive.

But in this case, I will make an exception as this this is complete quality and I want them to make more like this in the future.

I believe it might be 50 sterling, judging by just the exchange rate. But there are cases where the games launch at 60 usd & 60 pounds simultaneously.

• brain
Reactions: Sircaw

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
This is one game I am going to pre-order.

Me and a bunch of my friends whose kids keep asking them to "play the robot game" on their PS5.

Finally, we get to stop looking at the same 4 levels over and over.

24 Jun 2022
$49.99 would've been better. This is basically a brand new IP to most people and it doesn't have the cache of Mario, Sonic, Rachet & Clank, Rayman etc. (even if it'll be on par with recent Mario & R&C games quality-wise).

I understand this doesn't have a setup for MTX the way a Helldivers 2 does, but SIE should prioritize IP growth for Astro and $49.99 would do that for them. It has to be in impulse buy territory and $60 isn't quite it for what is, again, basically a new IP for many and not something billed as a serious/mature action-adventure epic like a Stellar Blade, Rebirth, or GOWR which were all only $10 more at launch on the same platform.

OP
OP
TigerFang

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
This is one game I am going to pre-order.

Me and a bunch of my friends whose kids keep asking them to "play the robot game" on their PS5.

Finally, we get to stop looking at the same 4 levels over and over.

Absoulutely.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Heck I would pay 70 pounds for it.

The pricing of a quality game never bothered me.

Whether 50, 60 or 70.

It’s the garbage games I wouldn’t pay a penny for.
I think the issue is not the price itself but the consistence.

Sony set $70 then all full games should be $70 no matter what.
If Sony keep $60 then all full games should be $60 no matter what.

Keep releasing one $70 and the next $60 is dumb imo.

Whatever it is $60 or $70 I will pay it.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I think the issue is not the price itself but the consistence.

Sony set $70 then all full games should be $70 no matter what.
If Sony keep $60 then all full games should be $60 no matter what.

Keep releasing one $70 and the next $60 is dumb imo.

Whatever it is $60 or $70 I will pay it.

What the hell is a full game and why does there need to be consistency?

70 pounds is the most Sony will charge this generation. Nowhere did they say every game will be that price.

The price of games are variable. Always have been since the 90s. Remember Nintendo charging more for Rare games back in the Snes days.

Depends on what Sony have spent and what they think is right for what consumers get.

Why is Helldivers 2 and Concord 35 pounds?

8sa8wzn28mic1.jpeg

EeBMHy2UMAQGO74.jpg

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What the hell is a full game and why does there need to be consistency?

70 pounds is the most Sony will charge this generation. Nowhere did they say every game will be that price.

The price of games are variable. Always have been since the 90s. Remember Nintendo charging more for Rare games back in the Snes days.

Depends on what Sony have spent and what they think is right for what consumers get.

Why is Helldivers 2 and Concord 35 pounds?

8sa8wzn28mic1.jpeg

EeBMHy2UMAQGO74.jpg
These are most used games and priced by retail (that can give discounts if they wish).
PSN prices at launch have no discounts.

At launch you have two tiers for games.
Full AAA games should be $60 ($70 this generation).
There is a mid tier for games that smaller than the normal (aka not full) or are only a part of it (live service) that are set at $39 ($49) this gen.
The exceptions are the special editions.

You can have games being launched at $60 together with $70... or all are $60 or all are $70.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
These are most used games and priced by retail (that can give discounts if they wish).
PSN prices at launch have no discounts.

At launch you have two tiers for games.
Full AAA games should be $60 ($70 this generation).
There is a mid tier for games that smaller than the normal (aka not full) or are only a part of it (live service) that are set at $39 ($49) this gen.
The exceptions are the special editions.

You can have games being launched at $60 together with $70... or all are $60 or all are $70.

Do you live in the UK or USA? I highly doubt it. Maybe you would know about Toys R Us since these aren’t used games.

Rare games always cost more than the competition in the SNES and N64 days.

Donkey Kong Country and Killer Instinct were more expensive than other games at launch.

Turok was always more expensive than new games even though it was a launch game.

Prices have always been variable. You honestly argue for the sake of it and refuse to accept you are wrong.

Don’t argue if you aren’t from the UK or USA.

You know nothing about variable prices on launch games which have existed for decades.