Astro Bot will be priced at 60$ USD, the same price as sackboy: a big adventure

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Do you live in the UK or USA? I highly doubt it. Maybe you would know about Toys R Us since these aren’t used games.

Rare games always cost more than the competition in the SNES and N64 days.

Donkey Kong Country and Killer Instinct were more expensive than other games at launch.

Turok was always more expensive than new games even though it was a launch game.

Prices have always been variable. You honestly argue for the sake of it and refuse to accept you are wrong.
In Brazil.

Retail can give discounts but you have a full price point by the Platform.
I don't know which is in Europe or UK but US is today $70.
It was $60 before.

Now if Sony changed the price point to $70 they can't back to release full priced games at $60.
It doesn't make sense.

If that is the case then they should never had changed from $60 to $70.

But of course all of that is based in speculations... nobody knows the US price yet... so maybe it is all aright and Sony is following their own full priced point... $70.
$60 doesn't make sense since Sony migrated to $70 full price point.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
In Brazil.

Retail can give discounts but you have a full price point by the Platform.
I don't know which is in Europe or UK but US is today $70.
It was $60 before.

Now if Sony changed the price point to $70 they can't back to release full priced games at $60.
It doesn't make sense.

There has never been a set price for games.

Just a maximum price. This generation is 70 dollars/pounds for Sony games.

Nothing stopping publishers from releasing cheaper than 70.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There has never been a set price for games.

Just a maximum price. This generation is 70 dollars/pounds for Sony games

Nothing stopping publishers from releasing cheaper than 70.
All games full priced at launch is $70 for Sony platforms since it is PS5 only game.
It was $60 in PS4.

And it is not the maximum... special editions can be more expensive.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
All games full priced at launch is $70 for Sony platforms since it is PS5 only game.
It was $60 in PS4.

And it is not the maximum... special editions can be more expensive.

I am talking standard edition games. You know that very well.

Honestly where is this even going?

Let’s not derail the thread.

Astro Bot is 60 dollars. End of discussion.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I am talking standard edition games. You know that very well.

Honestly where is this even going?

Let’s not derail the thread.

Astro Bot is 60 dollars. End of discussion.
Is it?

Because that should be a big hit (and can have even lawsuits over Sony) against the $70 price point move.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Is it?

Because that should be a big hit (and can have even lawsuits over Sony) against the $70 price point move.

Do you enjoy arguing and bring up nonsense?

Lawsuits cause of 70 dollar price point?

Sony can charge 1000 dollars for their games and No lawsuit is coming or gonna be successful.

Consumers aren’t being forced to buy these games or the consoles.

Get some sleep.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Darth Vader
OP
OP
TigerFang

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Is it?

I don't think pricing Astro Bot at 60$ instead of 70$ would lead to lawsuits.

There are no concrete laws that bigger games need to be priced at 70$ USD on the standard versions.

Price is entirely an variable that depends on Return on Investment requirements, Budget, Time spent of development, Genre of game, etc. Not

& that's how it should be, there need not be every game at 70$, it should be an dynamic variable that shouldn't even be limited to 70$, if there enough engaging content it should be able to go to 100$.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I don't think pricing Astro Bot at 60$ instead of 70$ would lead to lawsuits.

There are no concrete laws that bigger games need to be priced at 70$ USD on the standard versions.

Price is entirely an variable that depends on Return on Investment requirements, Budget, Time spent of development, Genre of game, etc. Not

& that's how it should be, there need not be every game at 70$, it should be an dynamic variable that shouldn't even be limited to 70$, if there enough engaging content it should be able to go to 100$.

Exactly.

Ethomaz talking about pricing and lawsuits like he was born yesterday.

Variable prices have existed since gaming began.

Wait till he sees the prices of Neo Geo games in the 90s.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
$49.99 would've been better. This is basically a brand new IP to most people and it doesn't have the cache of Mario, Sonic, Rachet & Clank, Rayman etc. (even if it'll be on par with recent Mario & R&C games quality-wise).

I understand this doesn't have a setup for MTX the way a Helldivers 2 does, but SIE should prioritize IP growth for Astro and $49.99 would do that for them. It has to be in impulse buy territory and $60 isn't quite it for what is, again, basically a new IP for many and not something billed as a serious/mature action-adventure epic like a Stellar Blade, Rebirth, or GOWR which were all only $10 more at launch on the same platform.
Brand new?
60 million got the game on their PS5 for free. At least 10% of them had to have loaded it up played for a few hours is my guess.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Do you live in the UK or USA? I highly doubt it. Maybe you would know about Toys R Us since these aren’t used games.

Rare games always cost more than the competition in the SNES and N64 days.

Donkey Kong Country and Killer Instinct were more expensive than other games at launch.

Turok was always more expensive than new games even though it was a launch game.

Prices have always been variable. You honestly argue for the sake of it and refuse to accept you are wrong.

Don’t argue if you aren’t from the UK or USA.

You know nothing about variable prices on launch games which have existed for decades.
Same in Europe, or at least in Portugal. Some N64 games cost more than others at the time. I was too young to remember exact figures, but I distinctly remember some games going for values close to what is now 70 euro, while others were close to 50 or so.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Surprised considering the fact that Ratchet was $70. Either way, doesn't matter. Day one for me!!

Reactions: TigerFang