Astro Bot Will Get Free Post-Launch DLC

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I can already tell how reviews are going to go:

“Astrobot is the most fun and enjoyable platformer since Mario (insert any Mario game). We had a blast playing it”

Score: 8/10
Steveweiser

"A game where they recycled animations of the main character. A slog to play.

Score: 5/10"

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
GOTY from Grubb 🤯

This game could be a 10/10 and win GOTY but I don't see it doing "Nintendo money"

The PS5 is simply too expensive and the PS5 userbase too small especially when it comes to kids.

They're very fortunate that no Switch 2 is coming this holiday season, so that definitely helps, but the lack of transmedia means that this will need an absolutely massive ad campaign, and while we're seeing some signs of that with early previews, we've yet to really see the requisite push from Sony (yet) to push this to the Nintendo realm.

Inside Out 2 comes out in 2 days and I'd expect you'd normally see trailers for Astrobot in those previews if they really believed this game could do Nintendo numbers.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022

image.png

giphy.gif

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
I can already tell how reviews are going to go:

“Astrobot is the most fun and enjoyable platformer since Mario (insert any Mario game). We had a blast playing it”

Score: 8/10

Minus 2 points, because Playstation, and it being made in Japan.

@Evilms
Brittany Bombacher... what a tw@t she is.
Can never just give praise to PS without sneaking in some passive-aggressive s**t.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Minus 2 points, because Playstation, and it being made in Japan.

@Evilms
Brittany Bombacher... what a tw@t she is.
Can never just be polite/give decent praise to PS without sneaking in some passive-aggressive s**t.
Also, shame on Capcom for giving her the limelight to showcase RE Village - never seen such as fake RE fan before in my life (okay, I lied, Suzi Hunter is, but still!).

She’s literally praising the game

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Ico

8 May 2024
free dlc just like gow had? thats cool!
if im not mistaken, the insomniac leak also said the SM2 dlcs were supposed to be free when they eventually release? correct me if im wrong on that, but thats an interesting strategy to their dlcs

Reactions: Jim Ryan