Atomic Heart has exceeded Focus Entertainment’s expectations, Revenues increased by 36%

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Yeah, Focus seem to be doing alright... they are pretty aligned with Xbox I feel.

It's a publisher that I wouldn't be too upset if Microsoft bought and would fit their GP model more than what they bought already....the publishers they bought will now reach less people and that hurts gaming.

Reactions: arvfab

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Yeah, Focus seem to be doing alright... they are pretty aligned with Xbox I feel.

It's a publisher that I wouldn't be too upset if Microsoft bought and would fit their GP model more than what they bought already....the publishers they bought will now reach less people and that hurts gaming.
Do any people here actually play the game to the end? was it good, i remember some people giving some comparisons to the Bioshock Franchise, any truth in that?

@peter42O you probably played it as it was on game pass, any thoughts on the game?

• brain
Reactions: arvfab and Bryank75

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The game did not appear on top of any chart. The sales were low but they got a big GP cheque to make up for it.

Only 1,420 are playing on Steam so the sales cratered after release like every GP Day 1. Publishers keep killing their own sales.

Reactions: arvfab
D

Deleted member 417

From the article:
We do not have sales data, although last month it exceeded the barrier of 5 million players -it debuted in the Xbox Game Pass subscription-.

They're in for a shock when they realise that player count no longer correlates to sales.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

I don't think they want to be brought and a lot of their work is just publishing, not developing. They'd be a better fit for Embracer (who aren't in a buying mood currently,) maybe T2 or one of the new kids or, in my opinion the best fit, remaining independent.

Edit: Also, they just purchased a studio yesterday, which is the opposite of what you do if you are seeking to be acquired.

P

peter42O

you probably played it as it was on game pass, any thoughts on the game?

It's still on my list but I haven't had a chance to play it as disc and digital purchases always take priority over Game Pass. Besides, I knew the game had some issues which I think they've resolved so at some point this summer, I will be trying it out. Probably when Redfall gets the 60FPS patch, I'll play it then Hi Fi Rush and then Atomic Heart.

For 2023, my completed games have been Dead Space (disc), Hogwarts Legacy (digital deluxe edition), Resident Evil 4 (disc) and Sifu (digital). Next up is Dead Island 2 (disc) which I have installed and all setup to start tomorrow followed by Star Wars Jedi Survivor (disc) to kick off May for me. After that, it's back to replaying Horizon Forbidden West so I can have the save file in order to access The Burning Shores which I bought this past Wednesday when it released. After that, it will be time for Final Fantasy XVI.

Hoping by mid-July, that 60FPS patch will be out so I can play Redfall, Hi Fi Rush and Atomic Heart because once the second week of August hits, im going to have Atlas Fallen and Remnant 2 to play. I have a gaming schedule for all the games that I want to play each year and usually stick to it 90% of the time with any games being "backlogged" due to other games simply taking priority.

With that all said, I watched a few minutes of the intro to Atomic Heart and turned it off because I do want to play and didn't want to see the entire introduction. Once I do play it, I'll post my impressions. :)

Reactions: Sircaw