Average Age Of People In The Gaming Industry Continues To Rise.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

AVERAGE AGE OF PEOPLE IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY CONTINUES TO RISE​

Untitled-design-14.png

It’s not just gamers who are aging, but also developers. A recent report by Game File’s Stephen Totilo reveals an interesting trend—the average age of employees at some of the most prominent game developer studios has steadily increased since 2002.

The research incorporated publicly accessible data from Ubisoft, Capcom, Nintendo, the International Game Developers Association, and various other sources. The data reveals that Ubisoft has consistently observed a ‘near-constant’ rise in the age of its employees since 2001. Furthermore, it highlights that the average age of employees at Nintendo Japan has recently surpassed 40.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Game developers age average increase to 40 is obvious for an industry that grew and employed most of its talent in mid to late 2000s. Most who came fresh or in his late 20s in 2003- 2006 are around 40 years by now.
Increase of gamers age is another story.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The younger (whatever gen name they use) doesn’t care about game like us gen Y used to care.

We millennials (people that are at 40s now) grow up as games as one of the primary hobby.

People nowdays cares more about others things… they do prefer smartphones over PC, notebook, consoles or handheld.

It is challenge game industry needs to face in the next decade… today we are basically stagnant in a point that the numbers of people interested in games doesn’t grow anymore… in the next decade will start to decrease and that is where the industry will have a big shake up.

We millennials can’t support a industry forever… some time we will stop to play and with the younger gens lack of interest in gaming…

PS. When I say the younger gens doesn’t have the interest in gaming is compatible with millennials… if in our time 5 in 10 like games today 2 in 10 likes it.

The issue is when we reach a point that each new younger gamer start to play… 2 millennials stops to play and that is the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The younger (whatever gen name they use) doesn’t care about game like us gen Y used to care.

We millennials (people that are at 40s now) grow up as games as one of the primary hobby.

People nowdays cares more about others things… they do prefer smartphones over PC, notebook, consoles or handheld.

It is challenge game industry needs to face in the next decade… today we are basically stagnant in a point that the numbers of people interested in games doesn’t grow anymore… in the next decade will start to decrease and that is where the industry will have a big shake up.

We millennials can’t support a industry forever… some time we will stop to play and with the younger gens lack of interest in gaming…

PS. When I say the younger gens doesn’t have the interest in gaming is compatible with millennials… if in our time 5 in 10 like games today 2 in 10 likes it.

The issue is when we reach a point that each new younger gamer start to play… 2 millennials stops to play and that is the issue.
Idk my sons group are pretty invested in games. Thy all put in hours.

Reactions: ethomaz

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

Gaming marketing sucks these days, everything is completely online and geared to existing gamers. When I was a kid I'd see gaming advertising in every facet of life, even older people that didn't care about gaming at all still knew about console gaming . Now if gaming isn't in your social media algorithm or you don't have a friend or family thats into it, you won't be exposed to gaming at all.