Axios: 11 members of Congress argue Sony is unfairly hurting Xbox in Japan

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If it wasn't obvious enough Microsoft is attacking Sony on all front. They are now lobbying in Japan, preparing for their next purchase.

Send an email to the CMA and make them change their minds about the console market. MS real target is Sony, not about the cloud only.

Screenshot_20230328_020624_Samsung Notes.jpg

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
There we go, all out war. People will continue to cheer for a scumbag company that refuses to provide the goods (quality games) while trying to make it seem like the other company is the problem - that company actually provides value and products people want.

American politics yet again fucking everything up for the rest of the world.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Was just reading this.... so it's not enough that MSFT can buy a slew of developers, the biggest WRPG publisher and the biggest publisher in gaming....

They also have to get their hired goons in congress to bully a smaller country and a smaller company because their shitty product is unpopular in Japan!?

MSFT needs to go...I don't care if it is by governmental systems or people rising up (unlikely I know) but people really need to start making themselves heard and do something.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
So the company with an arbitrary definition of 98 percent of gaming market share, completely made up measurement is the bad guy but the company with a real 98 percent market share of the operating system market isn’t a problem?

The trillion dollar company buying publishers back to back isn’t monopolistic but the timed ff16 exclusive is.

That’s where we are now.

Don’t know if japans government will have Sonys back but they should call Microsoft’s bluff and ban the sale of Xbox in japan for pulling this stunt.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Literally how is Sony hurting Xbox in Japan? How are they capable of doing that?

It's just putting pressure on Sony to force them to back off the ABK deal / as revenge / a vindictive move.... we all know this

You can't make Japanese people buy an Xbox and the tone of this whole thing is like they view Japan as somehow subservient or indebted to the USA. It's disgusting how corrupt US congress-people are too.

OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
MSFT needs to go...I don't care if it is by governmental systems or people rising up (unlikely I know) but people really need to start making themselves heard and do something.
The ones that need to stand up are all the employees they acquired at Bethesda, Ninja Theory or Tango. Now they see the real plan was to hurt and take down Sony.

MS doesn't care about any of them or the industry. They want to dominate and push out Sony everywhere, in every market.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Firefly

25 Jul 2022
The ones that need to stand up are all the employees they acquired at Bethesda, Ninja Theory or Tango. Now they see the real plan was to hurt and take down Sony.

MS doesn't care about any of them or the industry. They want to dominate and push out Sony everywhere, in every market.
Bud why would anyone at MS studios care? They are busy making their games its not even their fight anyways.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Literally how is Sony hurting Xbox in Japan? How are they capable of doing that?

Here's the thing - In corporate america, if your company is too big to fail, you can release shit products and trust that big daddy government, and a well funded stack of senators and congressman, will do your bidding for you so that competition (especially foreign) cannot stand in the way of your goals.

So the thing is: One company provides goods people want, the other doesn't. In any normal market, the second would not be able to sell, while the first would sell like hotcakes. But since the first company is not 'Murican, and the second company decided they are tired of playing second or third fiddle, they will use all their might and all their bribing funds, pardon, lobbying funds, to shove their shit down our throats. They won't stop until everybody has an EggBogg in their bathroom. Since the US is unfortunately the biggest power on earth, there's very little in terms of resistence to their political reach, so we all have to say "yes please fuck me harder".

And, of course, people are concerned about China.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

There not going anywhere. They are one with big governemnt. We just have to vote with our wallets, and Sony need to actually fight back properly. Before they lose more IPs.

Because MS will be making deals with EA, TakeTwo, Sega, Steam/Valve, Embracer and probably Nintendo in the coming years

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It's only fair to buy entire publishers.

MS can buy publishers, buy studios, buy IPs, do their own exclusivity deals(including with Japanese devs) but evil Sony is what is impeding on their rightful success.

The entire video game industry would be much better without MS in it, simple as that.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
There not going anywhere. They are one with big governemnt. We just have to vote with our wallets, and Sony need to actually fight back properly. Before they lose more IPs.

Because MS will be making deals with EA, TakeTwo, Sega, Steam/Valve, Embracer and probably Nintendo in the coming years

Well, of course Sony need to get their act together.... Jim needs to stop buying bullshit teams starting up in a shed and invest in some serious IP's and serious publishers to make them first party.

The frustration I have right now is immense.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Well, I'll do what I must and what I know most people won't: Vote with my wallet. Same way I don't buy Sony TVs anymore since I got "burned" by them, I won't be buying any more microsoft products. Windows 11 was my last purchase because I wanted piece of mind playing my games and working with my regular apps, and I hate Apple. Next time, Linux.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
That's not how these things works. I swear the panic some of you has lol
How does it work then? If MS spending close to PlayStation entire market value in acquisitions to get games away from PlayStation while also going this hard on trying shame/bully Sony isn't reason for Sony to act then I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Sony better start buying japan pubs otherwise they might not get the chance
I’ve been saying this all weekend. Should’ve taken the 10 year deal and bought SE.

The dystopian corporate future is the 20 year 2 trillion dollar loser buying publishers endlessly while the company that earned it 1/20 of there size isn’t even allowed to make a timed exclusives in their homeland. I’d like to this will backfire tremendously on Xbox for this. Idk though.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Microsoft is a scumbag company, I can’t say it enough. I really want Japan defends themselves for this bold words. So what will this congress of apes achieve, forcing Japanese with a gun on their forehead to buy a Xbox console???
Screw Microsoft and all it’s toxic followers!

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters