Balatro, poker roguelike game, is now available on your favorite platforms |UP| Balatro Sells 1 million Copies Across All Platforms

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
otkbZsc.png

I have purchased it for every platform I own and am waiting for them to release it on mobile . Hoping for a mac os app as well. This game is ridiculously addictive.
You don't have it on Steam? There is a native version for Mac on Steam. I put 10 hours into it on Mac but lost all my progress due to a sync issue. It's OK though, game is LITTTTT 🔥🔥

• fire
Reactions: Nym

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
You don't have it on Steam? There is a native version for Mac on Steam. I put 10 hours into it on Mac but lost all my progress due to a sync issue. It's OK though, game is LITTTTT 🔥🔥

I do have it on steam (I purchased there just for access to the art files because I want to make physical cards), but I want to play it at work on my mac and I don't want to add steam to my work computer, I just want a native game application for mac OS

Reactions: alphachino
OP
OP
Doncortez77

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Have you managed to beat the 1st eight Antes yet? I always get very close but end up losing on the last one due to some crazy stipulations like being forced to play with the one card given or playing with all cards face down and losing everything. I almost reached the goal (lost the goal by 10 points was the closest), but I got distracted by playing FF7 rebirth.

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Have you managed to beat the 1st eight Antes yet? I always get very close but end up losing on the last one due to some crazy stipulations like being forced to play with the one card given or playing with all cards face down and losing everything. I almost reached the goal (lost the goal by 10 points was the closest), but I got distracted by playing FF7 rebirth.

Yes I have beaten the red, blue, green, and yellow decks one time each. Doing the black deck now and it's fucking brutal.

I have the most success so far trying to work with flushes

OP
OP
Doncortez77

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Yes I have beaten the red, blue, green, and yellow decks one time each. Doing the black deck now and it's fucking brutal.

I have the most success so far trying to work with flushes
thanks im going to try that next time. Any particular jokers to that are a must-add to get through it my 1st time?

• Shake

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
thanks im going to try that next time. Any particular jokers to that are a must-add to get through it my 1st time?
Loving the convo you guys are having in here about this game :) You guys are making me want to try it although not up my alley.

OP
OP
Doncortez77

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Loving the convo you guys are having in here about this game :) You guys are making me want to try it although not up my alley.
It's one of those games that, once you understand the concept, makes you say 'just one more run' at the end of your playthrough. Next thing you know, the sun is coming up and you were supposed to be asleep hours ago.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's one of those games that, once you understand the concept, makes you say 'just one more run' at the end of your playthrough. Next thing you know, the sun is coming up and you were supposed to be asleep hours ago.
Ahhhhh love those kind! I remember being hooked on the Witcher mini card game in the game, it was fun lol.

• fire
OP
OP
Doncortez77

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Ahhhhh love those kind! I remember being hooked on the Witcher mini card game in the game, it was fun lol.
I guess calling it a roguelike throws people off and its not like video poker. Basically, in each stage of the game, you need to meet certain goals to progress to the next stage. To move on to the next Ante, you need to defeat a boss blind, which comes with specific rules such as "all hearts cards played won't be added to your score." You get four hands and three discards to reach the chip total goal. Different hand types give you different chips towards your total. You have the option to buy joker cards using game currency, which will give you multipliers or other rewards for your hand played, based on certain stipulations. For example, joker with a royal flush can get you a 15x multiplier added with another joker that will give you 4x multi for each diamond played with he same hand. With the right combination of jokers, you can eventually beat the chip goal with just one hand played.

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nym

21 Jun 2022

It's totally up to RNG as to what cards you will get and what synergies you can create between them, but you will just learn what the powerful cards are the more you play

Super strong cards I always like to choose:

Hiker - every time a card is played it gets upgraded with more base chips, super useful early and especially for flush runs

Burnt Joker - upgrades the level of the first type of hand you discard. This is very useful for upgrading less desired hand types as you search for your flushes. It will very often be levelling up High Card while you fish for flushes, and before you know it you have a highly upgraded High Card option to play

Spare Trousers - levels up 2 pair and has decent multiplier or chip base I think. 2 Pair is a very safe hand to fish for, but doesn't scale well at higher antes so this card can really make that hand type shine

I forget the name - but there is one card I always choose when I see it, which gives a 1 in 5 chance to level up the hand you just played. Hugely useful if you get lucky.

Pick jokers that will play well off each other and your desired hand types. The "+ mult for suit" are often not that useful, but if you have 2 or more of those and you are going for flushes, you're getting a huge bonus off of having those cards.

I'm always on the lookout for jokers that can be constantly upgraded - the Knife card will eat the joker to the right, and add double the sell value to the knife card multiplier - I had this in my hand getting stronger while I had the egg card levelling up on the side (egg card gains sell value every round), so after a bunch of rounds I had the knife eat the egg and it bumped the multiplier up to like over 160 lol. But I lost the round still because black deck is ridiculous.

One trick you can use for helping with flush runs is that on runs where your cards are dealt face down, you can flip between "rank" and "suit" card sorting, and if you use your head this will allow you to determine what some of the face down cards are without seeing them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doncortez77

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
It's totally up to RNG but you will just learn what he powerful cards are the more you play

Super strong cards I always like to choose:

Hiker - every time a card is played it gets upgraded with more base chips, super useful early and especially for flush runs

Burnt Joker - upgrades the level of the first type of hand you discard. This is very useful for upgrading less desired hand types as you search for you flushes. It will very often be levelling up High Card while you fish for flushes, and before you know it you have a highly upgraded High Card option to play

Pick jokers that will play well off each other and your desired hand types. The "+ mult for suit" are often not that useful, but if you have 2 of those and you are going for flushes, you're getting a huge bonus off of having those cards.

I'm always on the lookout for jokers that can be constantly upgraded - the Knife card will eat the joker to the right, and add double the sell value to the knife card multiplier - I had this in my hand getting stronger while I had the egg card levelling up on the side (egg card gains sell value every round), so after a bunch of rounds I had the knife eat the egg and it bumped the multiplier up to like over 160 lol. But I lost the round still because black deck is ridiculous.

One trick you can use for helping with flush runs is that on runs where your cards are dealt face down, you can flip between "rank" and "suit" card sorting, and if you use your head this will allow you to determine what some of the face down cards are without seeing them.
Thanks for the tip. Ill keep it in mind the next time I play.

Talking about gaming experiences is rare nowadays due to gaming politics and dispelling misinformation overshadowing real gaming discussions.

• they're_right_you_know