Baldur's Gate 3 Devs Working on Official Mod Support Plan, Including for Consoles

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
A tweet from Larian Studios director of publishing Michael Douse acknowledges that patches such as the most recent Hotfix #19 frequently break installed mods and force users to wait for updates, uninstall, or otherwise play without desired mods for a time in order to run the most recent version of the game. However, he adds that the team has "been working on a robust, cross-platform plan for mod support to be released later in year."

"We have a system but it needs to be tested and still requires work," reads a follow-up tweet. "We’re excited about it. I understand that it suck’s when the game is updated and mods break. Our community teams will start talking with and looping in modding community. For now, work continues :)"

Reactions: anonpuffs

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
A game so good I need to actively force myself not to play it again.
I'd do a second playthrough if I didn't have a million other games on my queue. But when they eventually release an expansion DLC, I'm there day one.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'd do a second playthrough if I didn't have a million other games on my queue. But when they eventually release an expansion DLC, I'm there day one.
It would be my third, I'm holding on for an expansion as well.