Baldur's Gate 3 is GAME OF THE YEAR 2023!

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
OeKep5Z.jpg

D

Deleted member 223

Gotta wait a bit more for that Deluxe edition. But soon enough.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I’ll be honest. I put 50 hours into this game and didn't like it. Although I can see why it’s so revered, you can feel how much love and care the developers infused into every aspect of the game. Well deserved.

Reactions: Diah and anonpuffs

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Happy to see a tactical RPG game finally won GOTY

This was a niche genre and hope people get to see more it

thanks to this award more people get to know this game it deserve more recognition

Last edited:
Reactions: anonpuffs

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Just rolled credits after probably 400+ hours. I can't say finished because there's every chance I'll start a new character right away. All three acts are practically full games on their own, with memorable, coherent arcs. While the story probably funnels you to the same major beats no matter your choices, I know I missed big sections, and side quests that would have been worth seeing. It's crazy to go looking for even more content in maybe the biggest game I've ever played.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Baldur's Gate 3 is the game that people will recall in 2040 and say "I wish they made games as great as Baldur's Gate 3. Why can't we have more of those? fUcK cApItAlIsm!".

• brain
Reactions: flaccidsnake

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Baldur's Gate 3 is the game that people will recall in 2040 and say "I wish they made games as great as Baldur's Gate 3. Why can't we have more of those? fUcK cApItAlIsm!".
we'll be lucky if in 2040 amazon, apple, google, microsoft, and tencent haven't all merged into a clusterfuck of corporate tyranny and we can't open our front doors without watching an unskippable 5 minute sizzle reel of minecraft candy crush x fortnite collab ads customized to our personal preferences via ClosedAI 5.1 and drinking our Mountain Dew(TM) verification cans.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Very well deserved! I'm happy that Larian has their first complete classic on their hands.

Now I hope they follow through and make plenty of DLC and add-ons like CDPR did with CP2077.

Reactions: Jim Ryan and Sircaw

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Glad Rehash of the Wild didn’t get it. Copy and paste jobs like that don’t deserve same accolades as the first.

Will eventually get to BG3. Hopefully within the year….