Baldur's Gate 3 is GAME OF THE YEAR 2023!

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Really good for them, quality should always shine through.

They have set a bar for excellence, an extremely high bar and gamers everywhere should be extremely happy.

Ah fuck it, sorry guys i thought with was a starfield appreciation thread.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
The right decision, I feel.

It's also a type of game that isn't in the spotlight much.
Absolutely 100% man! I never expected it would be that good but after that first Act, I knew it was going to be an instant classic.

I really hope they make DLC for the game. They were on the fence about it and thinking of making a sequel to Divinity -- which I think would be a bad idea.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Jim Ryan

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Shadowheart, my beloved.

My Heart Penguin GIF by Pudgy Penguins

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022

We can talk and argue about how unimportant some awards might be, but in the end, there are often passionate people behind the games nominated/winning and reactions like this should remind us of it.

Haven't played BG3 yet, but from what I've seen, I think it's well deserved. Congratulations!

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
yellow snake girl? you mean lae'zel?
Yes, I restarted the game again for like the 10th time. Maybe I will make some progress this time 🤦

I have Gale, Astarion and Lazel. No space for Shadowheart and she's boring to me. I don't know if her story becomes interesting later.

Reactions: Entropi

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yes, I restarted the game again for like the 10th time. Maybe I will make some progress this time 🤦

I have Gale, Astarion and Lazel. No space for Shadowheart and she's boring to me. I don't know if her story becomes interesting later.
almost all the npcs are cool, except for will. fuck will. you'll probably want to kick someone for karlach later because she's such a (literal) hotty. shadowheart is okay, for some reason people go gaga over her but i never got the appeal

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
She's good? I was going to delete her from my party for that yellow snake girl instead.
Idk what you mean by good but she’s who I chose to romance 😍. The combat is pretty easy no matter who your team mates are, so it’s about the connections you make with them more than if they’re “good” or not.

Only team mate I don’t like is Gale because he’s always begging for magic items 😒 so I just left him at camp.

My team is Shadowheart, Karlach, Astarion, and my half elf Drow Sorcerer. Laezel is good too but she’s pretty much just a weaker version of Karlach.

almost all the npcs are cool, except for will. fuck will. you'll probably want to kick someone for karlach later because she's such a (literal) hotty. shadowheart is okay, for some reason people go gaga over her but i never got the appeal
Have you tried talking with her? She’s the slowest to progress as a character, but the more she opens up, the better she becomes. Her and Mizora are my favorite 😻

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Idk what you mean by good but she’s who I chose to romance 😍. The combat is pretty easy no matter who your team mates are, so it’s about the connections you make with them more than if they’re “good” or not.

Only team mate I don’t like is Gale because he’s always begging for magic items 😒 so I just left him at camp.

My team is Shadowheart, Karlach, Astarion, and my half elf Drow Sorcerer. Laezel is good too but she’s pretty much just a weaker version of Karlach.

Have you tried talking with her? She’s the slowest to progress as a character, but the more she opens up, the better she becomes. Her and Mizora are my favorite 😻
you can feed him useless items which come plenty if you're exploring, and after a few times it progresses his quest to where he won't need them

Also iirc even if you leave gale at camp he still asks for items

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
you can feed him useless items which come plenty if you're exploring, and after a few times it progresses his quest to where he won't need them

Also iirc even if you leave gale at camp he still asks for items
Yes he does still ask at camp but I just ignore his requests😂 and yeah, I have a bunch of crap gear I can feed him now, but I just forgot and don’t care to. Is his quest line even worth exploring? I don’t need him since me and Shadowheart already do more than enough magic damage.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yes he does still ask at camp but I just ignore his requests😂 and yeah, I have a bunch of crap gear I can feed him now, but I just forgot and don’t care to. Is his quest line even worth exploring? I don’t need him since me and Shadowheart already do more than enough magic damage.
Well if you ignore him bad things could happen

• Surprised
Reactions: JAHGamer