Baldur's Gate 3 PS5 - No Stable 60FPS - Performance vs Quality Mode - 30FPS vs 60FPS - Tech Review

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Something is very off here.

43s is inadmissible.
And performance is not there… needs fix asap.

Anyway who is Gaming Tech? Never saw a tech review from them.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
That is extremely disappointing, especially about the load times.

43 seconds to fast travel, on a ps5 SSD, come on ffs, that's simply not good enough.
There is something really really wrong with that PS5 version. There is no way it should take 43s to go from one location to another.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Exactly why we need a PS5 Pro... proof is already right infront of us.
The problem is that Sony/MS should put out the best they can at the start of a generation so there is no need for Pro models. These consoles were struggling from the very beginning just like last gen. People kept saying wait till the end of the generation... umm.. no, it was quite clear what the max they could do with the exclusives released. If there is a Pro version every 3yrs after a new generation, might as well wait for that each generation and skip the intro model. They also need to put more into the consoles and raise the price up towards $1k to be honest.

Reactions: Bryank75

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
There is something really really wrong with that PS5 version. There is no way it should take 43s to go from one location to another.
it's beyond ridiculous, they need to find a solution to it.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
The loading times are about the only thing that baffles me. I assume the CPU does a lot of work on the game state after data is loaded. I don’t know.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
To be honest this isn't a game that needs 60FPS.

Those loading times are extremely problematic though. Something's really wrong there, it's HDD levels of terrible.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
To be honest this isn't a game that needs 60FPS.

Those loading times are extremely problematic though. Something's really wrong there, it's HDD levels of terrible.
This isn't a data loading issue. The game engine is doing a lot of something besides reading data from disk.

• Informative
Reactions: Entropi

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
This isn't a data loading issue. The game engine is doing a lot of something besides reading data from disk.
Yes, but in my ROG Ally with 18W for CPU + GPU and a slower 5000MB/s SSD I'm getting around 12 second loading times when going to a new area. The game isn't using DirectStorage or anything like that, so all the clutter from windows' old file verification is still there.

The PS5 is taking 4x more than that. It's not normal.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yes, but in my ROG Ally with 18W for CPU + GPU and a slower 5000MB/s SSD I'm getting around 12 second loading times when going to a new area. The game isn't using DirectStorage or anything like that, so all the clutter from windows' old file verification is still there.

Interesting info. Very weird

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

I don’t think the game is optimized in any shape or form for PS5.

Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Me looking at perfomance vs quality mode graphics

James Franco GIF

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So already debunked.

Performance is solid in both mods… there are some bad dips in some areas in Act 3 (hope it get fixed) but overall the game have good performance in both modes running at Ultra settlings on PS5.

Reactions: Frozone

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Turn-based games are ones where I have no problem playing in quality 30fps with this current gen of consoles. Having a blast with the PC version of Baldur's Gate 3 and planning on getting the PS5 copy.

Reactions: Frozone and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Turn-based games are ones where I have no problem playing in quality 30fps with this current gen of consoles. Having a blast with the PC version of Baldur's Gate 3 and planning on getting the PS5 copy.
I assume you're using a mouse and keyboard on your PC, it would be super interesting to see how you feel the controller compares to it on ps5, as in does it effect your overall enjoyment of the game etc.

Reactions: Say1nMan