Baldur’s Gate 3 to now launch on September 6 for PS5

Unchained

5 Dec 2022

Baldur’s Gate 3 is a big RPG. A great, big, uncompromising RPG! It shows in the numbers: more than 170 hours of cinematics and featuring three times more cinematic dialogue than all three The Lord of the Rings novels combined, a library of more than 600 spells and actions, and plenty more.

Dungeons & Dragons is all about player freedom – the freedom to define your character, to explore vast territories with your allies, and decide the fate of the world. We’ve spent the last six years bringing the unlimited freedom D&D is known for into the realm of video games. We’ve written two-million words of dialogue across the thousands of characters that populate the world of Faerûn, with an exhilarating story and in-depth character creation that puts you at the helm of the adventure. The dice may define your luck, but you define the story.

Originally due to launch on August 31, we’ve decided to release Baldur’s Gate 3 for PS5 on September 6. This brief delay allows us more time to achieve our ambition of 60 frames per second, thanks to the power of PlayStation 5. For those of you who purchased our gigantic Collector’s Edition (limited stock still available), don’t worry, we’ve got your back. We’ll be emailing you codes so you can jump in on September 3, at the start of the September 3 72-hour Early Access period that comes with the Deluxe Edition.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
One week delay... not that bad.

Weird that the pre-acess happens on September 3 that is just 3 days after the original release date.
I don't see what they can do with just 3 days... seems more a business delay than techinical one.

Razdaz

25 Sep 2022
Seems to be a delay for the PS5 version only (and on the same day as Starfield, nice), the PC version is now launching on August 3 according to Jason Schreier

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Seems to be a delay for the PS5 version only (and on the same day as Starfield, nice), the PC version is now launching on August 3 according to Jason Schreier
Yeap... PC will release near one month before the previous announced date.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Not a bad delay....

I have to get Armored Core and I was looking at The Crew too around that time. Then Spider-man 2 obviously after that.

Need a lot of time for these games.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Was going to be a PC game for me anyway.

Not a big delay, only looks that way because PC launch was pushed forward.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Could have been worse. At first I thought it was one of those delays prompted by Xbox parity clause, but one week is nothing.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
If you want Sony to acquire Larian (which we all think would be a great fit) then you need to buy this game and show them there's a PS fanbase

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022

Emilia Clarke Hbo GIF by Game of Thrones