Bandai Namco delists Dragon Ball Sparking Zero from Xbox before release

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Slightly old news but I didn't see a thread, and it's even more relevant because the page isn't back up despite this happening weeks ago. It's up on PlayStation (and Steam).

Looks like the first domino to fall - Xbox is losing third party support.

• fire
Reactions: arvfab

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
I think its still going to come, Phil will pay the money the heat will be too much he needs to keep the Xbox doing alright façade going for a little while longer.

It is surprising its not back up 🤔

OP
OP
Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'm sure Phil and co were actually paying for multiplatform games to release on Xbox - we've heard the gamepass coffers are empty and advertising was slashed so this is probably another initiative on Satya's chopping block in a desperate bid to bring profit to the division.

Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
I'm sure Phil and co were actually paying for multiplatform games to release on Xbox - we've heard the gamepass coffers are empty and advertising was slashed so this is probably another initiative on Satya's chopping block in a desperate bid to bring profit to the division.
Advertising slashed? Could they not find advertisers for Gamepass?

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
For now I’d take this as a listing error but I am extremely curious which publishers plural said they no longer see the point in supporting Xbox more or less. Losing Bandai namco would be the canary in the coal mine so to speak because they were one of the few publishers to support Xbox earlier this generation. Lest we forget Elden ring reveal and tales or arise in 2019 and scarlet nexus revealed sometime in 2020 at an Xbox event. This was at a time when virtually no Japanese publishers had anything to do with them.

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
Hey, you can probably squeeze money from Microsoft if you threaten to not release games on their platform - PlayStation division

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 - Bandai

Oh fuck - Xbox division

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
how are there xbox fans of a series that has never released a game on xbox and the last main entry released way back in 2007. Even if the xbox version is cancelled its just twitter war ammo instead of having an actual effect on sales

Last edited:

Rayman

Banned
19 Apr 2024
The Xbox Series version has been removed from the European site

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
The Xbox Series version has been removed from the European site

The wishlist for Xbox isn't there but Xbox is still showing on the platform list.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Slightly old news but I didn't see a thread, and it's even more relevant because the page isn't back up despite this happening weeks ago. It's up on PlayStation (and Steam).

Looks like the first domino to fall - Xbox is losing third party support.

I didnt post it previously because it means nothing and there was an explanation when i looked it up.