Bandai Namco finally bow down to DEI Sweet Baby Inch/ Hit Detection/BlackRock

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Nah
We often need people from different backgrounds and cultures to offer feedback, advice, and ideas. It helps keep things fresh, and it ensures people don't accidentally depict a culture or group of peoples in a poor manner by allowing them to be there offer ideas to improve or just say when somethings a bad idea or in poor taste.

A simple example is that The Last of Us was originally planned for only women to be able to get infected and be zombies, but it was pointed out that then the entire game you'd be beating up and brutalizing women, and having someone around to tell them "hey this would be a bad idea for so and so reason" helped improve the game.
That's due to Bruce's refinement on UC and TLOU1, and pushing Neil beyond his initial wants. Any success is not to be attributed to Anita and the woke crowd.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
She hasn't been relevant in 10 years
She's not relevant to the """"""woke""""""" crowd either

I dont give a crap about her, her ideas, or the woke crowd in general for all the mental illness being foisted-off onto the games industry. Problem is, Neil does... and Bruce/Amy aint there no more to counterbalance/filter him.

"LOMBAX TIDDIES!", and other such industry news, indeed. GTFO my entertainment medium, devs, where I come to get away from my own issues, not be force fed other people's trauma through the facade of acceptance.

Sometimes I just wanna run around as a blue hedgehog and have fun ffs.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Heard this comment so many times, every year starting in 2021. "DEI is on it's way out. The funding is drying up. People are starting to get sick of it."

I wonder if I'll hear it in 2025, 2026 etc...

DEI is the status quo. People tend to rebel against that. DEI was a millennial thing. GEN Z gen alphaYouth are more right leaning.

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
DEI is the status quo. People tend to rebel against that. DEI was a millennial thing. GEN Z gen alphaYouth are more right leaning.
According to who? You? Been to many places concerning people in my gen and the common opinion is pretty left leaning with few exceptions

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
Not really big into forced DEI stuff, I think that it does offuscate creative vision, but I really do not mind sweet baby inc or any consultancy firms being involved.
Specially since:
A) its the devs choice to hire and ultimately include anything that comes from that hire into the game
B) being "woke" is also a creative vision, like for real people do think about inclusivity outside of just "we gotta do it." people do care and there are people that care about being represented, and thats completely fine.
C) it can honestly improve a game a LOT. look at two different horror games: Silent HIll: Homecoming and Alan Wake 2. The only black character in SH:H is a fat black guy that goes "AWW HELL NOO." Basically as stereotypicaland bland as you can get, literally the "he's right behind me isnt he?" of writing a black person. in comparisson, Alan Wake 2's main character is Saga Anderson, a black woman, but get this, thats not what defines her, she never has an "AW HELL NAH" moment or anything like that, she's legit one of the best written characters in any games I have ever seen, with a real personality and motives. Personally she's one of my favorite characters of all time. They did hire sweet baby inc to make the game.
D) if a game's good, a games good, who cares really if its woke or not.

I'm not saying that the poepl behind SBI aren't the worst because they really are.
what I'm saying is that this whole thing is blown waaaaaya out of propportion.

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s no way blown out or proportion. SBI is a racket meant for compliance.

Consumers are reacting. Acolyte, Concord … millions spent to appeal to no one

This the denial stage. There will be many attempts to demonize those who rejected concord.

Every PS5 bomb since Forspoken has been wokeshit and the next fails even worse. A graveyard of dead studios left in its wake.

What’s even more telling is the butthurt over Wukong’s success and then defaulting to racism against the Chinese.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nym

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
Nah, I am not joining on this grief.
People forget that Harada works at Bandai Namco and the dude made Gigas cause westerners got butthurt over Lucky Chloe.
You will regret grifting on Harada cause he will put a trans fat ugly character in his game just to fuck with you.