• 81-90

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 91-100

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Much better than the mid-70's I was expecting. GameFly shipped out my copy earlier today so should be starting Banishers later this week. Looking forward to playing it.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Pey

Content Creator
29 Sep 2022
how you built your character? which skills are more useful?

There are way too many combinations because both items and skill trees are pretty ambiguous. They provide passive improvements to damage, resource generation and specific skills, but you can also take more damage, receive less health, do less damage with rifle, among other things. Considering there are 88 items in total and like 50 skills, builds are pretty much endless.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Updating OP now

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I did, a lot. I posted my review (9/10) in the previous page which includes some videos and screenshots. My favourite game of 2024 so far (well, a tie with PoP: The Lost Crown).
Nice, yeah and I know about the review just was seeing if you felt the same, thnks.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
You got it yet?

Received it yesterday from GameFly. Started it earlier today and played for about 6 hours. Really good but very heavily story based. There's a decent amount of combat but you can tell that it's about the story/characters and side quests that is focal point. I will say that gameplay/combat felt very sluggish and clunky in the beginning but that's because I had all these camera options and such set to 20% speed and whatnot. Well, two of the options were horizontal and vertical character movement which I haven't come across in any game that I have played perhaps ever. The settings are always for the camera speed and rotation. Anyway, I increased the character movement speed to 70% for both horizontal and vertical and wow, what a difference. Feels very fluid and responsive.

World is nice, game looks really good and I like the loot/resource gathering in the game. Combat wise, so far so good except for one major issue, when you lock on to an enemy and the enemy dies, it doesn't switch over to the closest enemy even though I have that option turned on. Thankfully, you can do a "quick turn" which helps out a lot. Also, very happy that they allow you to customize the button layout. I used the second layout option which switches the light/heavy attacks from RB/R1 and RT/R2 to X/Square and Y/Triangle which is great as I hate using the shoulder buttons and triggers for melee combat. Then, I edited one thing. Switched the "action/talk/pick up" button from B/Circle to A/X and the "dodge/roll" button from A/X to B/Circle. Everything works perfectly now for me. :)

One thing I don't like is that if you want a waypoint, you must leave the compass on the screen which I hate because I prefer it off. I noticed this with Avatar, it's in this game and im pretty sure it's in Ubisoft's Outlaws game. It's very annoying because I just don't like it. Just want a normal waypoint on the screen. Other than that, when reading notes and stuff like that, it gets added to your collection but doesn't disappear from where it's located which is more of a pet peeve for me than anything.

Overall though, really enjoying it but due to work the next two days, won't be playing it again until Wednesday but looking forward to getting back to playing Banishers.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Received it yesterday from GameFly. Started it earlier today and played for about 6 hours. Really good but very heavily story based. There's a decent amount of combat but you can tell that it's about the story/characters and side quests that is focal point. I will say that gameplay/combat felt very sluggish and clunky in the beginning but that's because I had all these camera options and such set to 20% speed and whatnot. Well, two of the options were horizontal and vertical character movement which I haven't come across in any game that I have played perhaps ever. The settings are always for the camera speed and rotation. Anyway, I increased the character movement speed to 70% for both horizontal and vertical and wow, what a difference. Feels very fluid and responsive.

World is nice, game looks really good and I like the loot/resource gathering in the game. Combat wise, so far so good except for one major issue, when you lock on to an enemy and the enemy dies, it doesn't switch over to the closest enemy even though I have that option turned on. Thankfully, you can do a "quick turn" which helps out a lot. Also, very happy that they allow you to customize the button layout. I used the second layout option which switches the light/heavy attacks from RB/R1 and RT/R2 to X/Square and Y/Triangle which is great as I hate using the shoulder buttons and triggers for melee combat. Then, I edited one thing. Switched the "action/talk/pick up" button from B/Circle to A/X and the "dodge/roll" button from A/X to B/Circle. Everything works perfectly now for me. :)

One thing I don't like is that if you want a waypoint, you must leave the compass on the screen which I hate because I prefer it off. I noticed this with Avatar, it's in this game and im pretty sure it's in Ubisoft's Outlaws game. It's very annoying because I just don't like it. Just want a normal waypoint on the screen. Other than that, when reading notes and stuff like that, it gets added to your collection but doesn't disappear from where it's located which is more of a pet peeve for me than anything.

Overall though, really enjoying it but due to work the next two days, won't be playing it again until Wednesday but looking forward to getting back to playing Banishers.
Sounds good and thanks.

Reactions: peter42O