Based on rumors who here would buy Xbox X refresh console?

Who will be buying?

• Total voters

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Xbox clearly wants a future without gamign discs, that'sa big no no to game preservation

The only legitimate game preservation since ~2010 involves copyright infringement. Most retail discs are coasters that work as a license key. Discs are good because you can resell them, you can share them you can find them on sale, etc. Arguably they put pressure on digital store pricing. But as soon as you put the disc in the drive, the console is pulling code from HQ.

Reactions: John Elden Ring

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I've owned 3 Xbox consoles in my life. 360 as a kid (for Halo), a One S I bought on sale in anticipation of Scalebound (cancelled, so I sold it. First lesson about Xbox games), and a second One S to play Halo MCC with a friend (sold it after playing literally nothing else on Xbox). There is absolutely no world in which I ever by an Xbox console ever again.

• thisistheway
Reactions: KiryuRealty

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I wouldn't even take one for free. You'd have to pay me just to have one in my presence, and even then it would never be turned on.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I wasn't sure what I would do with my XSX after Starfield, and then this most recent leak happened.

I'm definitely getting rid of it now. I don't want this thing anymore and, frankly, I feel embarrassed to have it in my house. I'll be back to just Sony and Nintendo soon enough.
Get a PC. It's cheap enough to build a decent performing one now that is ~50% better than consoles for ~$1000. You'll never miss out on an xbox game, and the performance advantage is enough to make it relevant even in poorly ported titles.

Reactions: Dr Bass

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I'm totally invested in PS ecosystem, I'll be getting the Pro if it's good enough. Other than that, I'm very interested in the new Switch that is rumored.

If I was even thinking about Xbox, I'd just go to PC...which I used to be highly invested in, in the early 2000.

Reactions: Dr Bass

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Get a PC. It's cheap enough to build a decent performing one now that is ~50% better than consoles for ~$1000. You'll never miss out on an xbox game, and the performance advantage is enough to make it relevant even in poorly ported titles.
Yep, if it ever comes to that again that's likely what I will do. For now, I am good.

• thisistheway
Reactions: anonpuffs

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
After seeing those leaked emails i am buying two,

Microsoft needs all the help they can get at this point.

team usa dancing GIF by U.S. Figure Skating

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
The value proposition is terrible. I imagine PS5 Pro will be $599 (or $549) and that's a much better deal - superior hardware, and a better first-party library/stable.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
I have a question.
Why?
What's the appeal of a Series console, right now and the possible refresh variant in the future.
What does a Series console bring me that my current choices don't?
I have a PC, so I can play every single Microsoft game day one. I have a PS5, so I get to play my old Ps4 library and next gen titles there (If possible I'm always going PS5, specially if a title offers Dualsense features), so what does a Xbox series console do for me? I'm not about to pay for 2 concurrent subscriptions (Gamepass + ps plus), they're both fighting for my time, it's lacking next gen controller features, it's lacking experiences I can't get on my PC or PS5.

Reactions: Umar

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The only legitimate game preservation since ~2010 involves copyright infringement. Most retail discs are coasters that work as a license key. Discs are good because you can resell them, you can share them you can find them on sale, etc. Arguably they put pressure on digital store pricing. But as soon as you put the disc in the drive, the console is pulling code from HQ.

That's false, unless you're referring to Xbox Game Studios. Most discs elsewhere still come with the game, and day 1 you wait for installation and a patch, but the game is playable without a patch.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

No, you won't build a PC 50% better than a console for 1000 dollars. Are you dreaming?