Based on rumors who here would buy Xbox X refresh console?

Who will be buying?

• Total voters

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Lol yeah

View attachment 2339
View attachment 2340

if you want to hit $1000 exactly you can downgrade to a 6800 non-xt and just undervolt/overclock it to hit +50% anyway

1. You need a better CPU. You'd have to go with the Ryzen 7 5700x for ballpark same performance. That's an additional 60 quid on amazon
  2. You need DDR5, that computer will be outdated in a couple years. So you'll need a more expensive Motherboard
  3. Only go Powercolor GPUs if you want to burn money. At least have some pride in your build
  4. Lovely that you think buying a GPU that costs as much as the PS5 will somehow make it 50% more powerful overall.
  5. Let me have a laugh at your keyboard and mouse. At least include stuff that costs as much as a dual sense
So overall, and i'm just being nice here, you need to add a better CPU, better Motherboard / DDR5 RAM, and a better Keyboard / Mouse. I'll go as far as saying to remove KB/M and add a dualsense for feature parity.

So we're now at what, at least 100 quid more than your $1073 + tax. We're talking what, $1300 for better than PS5 performance? Impressive, paying 3 times as much to get better performance. You're a genius.

Edit - My PC has better specs overall than that PC above (minus the GPU).

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
  1. You need a better CPU. You'd have to go with the Ryzen 7 5700x for ballpark same performance. That's an additional 60 quid on amazon
  2. You need DDR5, that computer will be outdated in a couple years. So you'll need a more expensive Motherboard
  3. Only go Powercolor GPUs if you want to burn money. At least have some pride in your build
  4. Lovely that you think buying a GPU that costs as much as the PS5 will somehow make it 50% more powerful overall.
  5. Let me have a laugh at your keyboard and mouse. At least include stuff that costs as much as a dual sense
So overall, and i'm just being nice here, you need to add a better CPU, better Motherboard / DDR5 RAM, and a better Keyboard / Mouse. I'll go as far as saying to remove KB/M and add a dualsense for feature parity.

So we're now at what, at least 100 quid more than your $1073 + tax. We're talking what, $1300 for better than PS5 performance? Impressive, paying 3 times as much to get better performance. You're a genius.

Edit - My PC has better specs overall than that PC above (minus the GPU).
lol no.
1) the PS5 equivalent CPU is the 4700s which is weaker than the 5600 by a SIGNIFICANT margin. You can also undervolt+overclock the 5600 to gain at least 10% performance, when matched with Samsung B-die ram (which I selected). Also, the 4700s is actually better than the PS5 CPU as it boosts to 4.0ghz instead of 3.6/3.8.
2) No, you don't need DDR5. That's complete misinformation, DDR5 does not even significantly outperform DDR4 until DDR5-7200+.
3) LMAO you are working on information from 2013. Powercolor is a respected brand in the AMD partner stable now, they are among the top 3 AIBs including Powercolor, Sapphire, and XFX.
4) Yes, actually it will. The 6800XT is 60% more powerful than the PS5 GPU, and when combined with undervolting, overclocking, and power limit boost, can gain ~10% raw performance without doing more exotic things like repasting the GPU, liquid cooling, or altering the PPT tables. Even accounting for the less efficient PC environment, it easily outperforms the PS5 by 2/3.
5) Why? You can use your dualsense connected to the PC.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
1) the PS5 equivalent CPU is the 4700s which is weaker than the 5600 by a SIGNIFICANT margin. You can also undervolt+overclock the 5600 to gain at least 10% performance, when matched with Samsung B-die ram (which I selected).

Yes, but the PS5 also has additional IO that offloads much of the CPU load. It's not a 1:1 and you know it.

2) No, you don't need DDR5. That's complete misinformation, DDR5 does not even significantly outperform DDR4 until DDR5-7200+.

For future proofing? Of course you do.

3) LMAO you are working on information from 2013. Powercolor is a respected brand in the AMD partner stable now, they are among the top 3 AIBs including Powercolor, Sapphire, and XFX.

Sure, jan, 2013.

4) Yes, actually it will. The 6800XT is 60% more powerful than the PS5 GPU, and when combined with undervolting, overclocking, and power limit boost, can gain ~10% raw performance without doing more exotic things like repasting the GPU, liquid cooling, or altering the PPT tables. Even accounting for the less efficient PC environment, it easily outperforms the PS5 by 2/3.

Besides the point. It being 60 or even 200% more powerful than a PS5 as a single entity is irrelevant. I also don't need to overclock, undervolt, liquid cool, whatever the fuck, on a PS5. I connect and play. For the same price as that ONE gpu.

5) Why? You can use your dualsense connected to the PC.

If you're comparing 1:1, then include a state-of-the-art remote and not a shitty mouse and keyboard. I spent 250 quid to have a decent M/KB combo that provides a good gaming experience. Those two? I'd have Carpal tunnel syndrome in 3 weeks.

So, all in all, add at the very least 100 quid to your build and tax on top. That's roughly 3x the price of an all digital PS5 (since your PC is also all digital) for "50%" more performance.

Fucking fantastic, deal of the century.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yes, but the PS5 also has additional IO that offloads much of the CPU load. It's not a 1:1 and you know it.

For future proofing? Of course you do.

Sure, jan, 2013.

Besides the point. It being 60 or even 200% more powerful than a PS5 as a single entity is irrelevant. I also don't need to overclock, undervolt, liquid cool, whatever the fuck, on a PS5. I connect and play. For the same price as that ONE gpu.

If you're comparing 1:1, then include a state-of-the-art remote and not a shitty mouse and keyboard. I spent 250 quid to have a decent M/KB combo that provides a good gaming experience. Those two? I'd have Carpal tunnel syndrome in 3 weeks.

So, all in all, add at the very least 100 quid to your build and tax on top. That's roughly 3x the price of an all digital PS5 (since your PC is also all digital) for "50%" more performance.

Fucking fantastic, deal of the century.
ok? well you said that it was impossible to make a pc that was 50% more powerful than a console for $1000, and i proved that you could. quit being so insecure about your console.

Numero

29 Jul 2023
They are taking away the disc drive with no major performance improvement for the same price in like 4 years from launch. Hell no lol
More memory is nice but we already have the option for expandable memory if needed

Reactions: Hezekiah

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I would never trade 1tb of space for no disc drive. If a company wants to sell a disc less version, fine. But just allow for an attachment or a disc version.

My worry is the next console gen will have the traditional pricing but they will fuck you on the disc attachment. If it was this gen, we'd have the PS5 discless closer to 450 with a 150 attachment. It gives me chills.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Is that really 50% better than a console?

I would honestly advise anyone going into PC gaming to spend $1,500+ - unless you primarily play MMOs/RTS's/walking simulators etc. Otherwise just get one or both consoles.
Yeah it is 50% better, a 6800XT can do native 4k60 in most games with no upsampling. 1440p120 easy. At 4k the CPU won't bottleneck you at all unless you're playing something like factorio

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Yeah it is 50% better, a 6800XT can do native 4k60 in most games with no upsampling. 1440p120 easy. At 4k the CPU won't bottleneck you at all unless you're playing something like factorio
I'm not trying to be a dick but that seems hard to believe, certainly in terms of new AAA games.

I am less familiar with AMD hardware, but outside of the 4090 most cards struggle with 4k60 there.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'm not trying to be a dick but that seems hard to believe, certainly in terms of new AAA games.

I am less familiar with AMD hardware, but outside of the 4090 most cards struggle with 4k60 there.

there are games that are unoptimized that it struggles in, but everything struggles in those games including consoles.

For example, in Spider-man remastered, which is an nvidia-favoring PC port, the 6800XT gets 73 fps at 4K highest settings with RT enabled.

Reactions: Hezekiah