Bayonetta 3 Sells 1 million copies

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Probably deserves a lot more sales but I guess it doesn't have the wide appeal that other Nintendo exclusives seem to have or maybe it's a missmatch between the platform audience and the game genre?

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Nice I put them over the top since I bought it this weekend

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Probably deserves a lot more sales but I guess it doesn't have the wide appeal that other Nintendo exclusives seem to have or maybe it's a missmatch between the platform audience and the game genre?
It has never sold well anywhere. The "hardcore action combo" genre's fan's are very loud but also small in number.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Yeah i'm quite sure it would probably reach 3-4 millions months if it was multiplate

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It has never sold well anywhere. The "hardcore action combo" genre's fan's are very loud but also small in number.

This is true. Bayonetta has always underperformed. This is the best the series has done tho with that Switch bump. DMC5 did well I believe. But that has a far bigger legacy.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
1 million is now poor sales, lol. Poor sales is 30 or 40k which plenty of niche games would be lucky to sell

1 million for platinum games is huge. This along with Astral chain are the only million sellers they've had recently and both can be traced back to the nintendo bump + nintendo's handling of the marketing and publishing of the games.

if sega handled this release it'd be a multiplatform piece of junk and on deep discount sale in bargain bins right now, like the recent yakuza releases. Platinum would have made no money at all, lmao.