Before being shut down by Xbox, Tango was working on "anniversary content" for The Evil Within and had a 6 months old build of Hi-Fi Rush 2

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
And Hellblade moved the needle and sold. Had like 3K on steam and no one bought or subscribed for that. Close them now by same logic and worse results
I think Ninja Theory is a shit studio who have yet to make a good game. So yeah, sure, close them.

Reactions: Shadow2027

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Except it is about sales when the studio gets shut down because of poor sales.... Which is exactly what happend with tango

If it was ONLY about sales, 90% of the industry would already be gone. It's more about budgets and publishers not going overboard and then expecting a billion in profits because that's not happening. Hi Fi Rush 2 should be a linear chapter based game like the first. Open world just inflates the budget and accomplishes nothing. $50m should be more than enough especially when they will reuse assets as they should to cut costs. Games do NOT need to be hundreds of millions of dollars especially when 90% of them aren't selling shit.

Tango got axed in Bethesda-specific cuts, hence NT being entirely unaffected.

Yeah, I know but it's all owned and operated by Microsoft. Bethesda cuts, Activision cuts, etc. to me is all bullshit because it's going to be under the company's bottom line anyway.

5M for Astro Bot makes it a massive hit financially.

And that's because the budget isn't outrageous like most games. Every game needs to be budgeted accordingly. Games having these insane budgets and everyone acting shocked when they don't make the revenue that they need to break even let alone being profitable can easily be avoided.

A game like Astro Bot should never ever need hundreds of millions of dollars in budget because well, that would make no logical or financial sense.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem