Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You sure about that?

Screenshot-20230831-224859.png
Yes I’m sure.
It is $69.99 right now.

FFXVI $55.99.

Like I said one still full priced months after release… other already 20% with 2 months.

Apple to oranges comparison.

Last edited:

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Yes I’m sure.
It is $69.99 right now.

FFXVI $55.99.

Like I said one still full priced months after release… other already 20% with 2 months.

Apple to oranges comparison.
And I just put a picture taken by me on the German PSN, with Diablo 4 being discounted 22%. You think Diablo sold bad in Germany?

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
And I just put a picture taken by me on the German PSN, with Diablo 4 being discounted 22%. You think Diablo sold bad in Germany?
It sold over 600k in Germany… I don’t have Diablo 3 data to make any claim.

I can’t read Germany so I don’t know why it got discounted there.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It did okay in the US but performed badly in the Europe and Japan.
It sold 3 millions in barely a week being released in a single console (full exclusive launch: no PC version, no crossgen, no multiplatform) that only had 40M units in the market. This is a great sales launch performance, it didn't perform badly.

I think FF7 Remake last reported worldwide sales was 5 million and I think FF16 will hit that sales number as well. However, don't know how much more it can do past that.
FF7R had a very similar launch, 3.5M in three days. Which back then meant it became one of the fastest selling PS4 exclusives.

Around 3 or 4 months later they mentioned it reached 5M. That was before it got the PS5 version, the Intergrade DLC or the PC version.

FF7R must be way, way ahead of 5M. And FFXVI will sell way, way more than 3M too. Games don't stop selling a few months after launch.

I guess Diablo flopped also
Nothing leads to think FFXVI or Diablo IV flopped. The evidence seems to show the opposite.

Last edited:
Reactions: arvfab

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
It sold 3 millions in barely a week being released in a single console (full exclusive launch: no PC version, no crossgen, no multiplatform) that only had 40M units in the market. This is a great sales launch performance, it didn't perform badly.
Shipment figures during the launch window didn't tell us the whole story because of sold/unsold percentage weren't reported in that PR.

But sales data from Japan and Europe has painted a grim picture for FFXVI.

In Japan, a whopping ~56% down from the previous mainline game despite being released on a similar installbase numbers.

IMG-20230901-083718.jpg

Same story happened in European region as well.

It did fine in the US but based on Matt's tweets it failed to sell higher than two previous FF games during its launch.

We still don't know whether it has cleared those 3 million shipments or not. If it had a good sell-through ratio like RE4R, then we would've probably heard that by now, but a radio silence from them is telling a different story.

RE4R
- 3m shipped in 2 days(High sell-through)
- 4m shipped in 2 weeks
- 5m shipped in 4 months

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Shipment figures during the launch window didn't tell us the whole story because of sold/unsold percentage weren't reported in that PR.
Woldwide shipment figures for the first week are the units sold to retailers. For the publisher they are sold units independently if they take a few days more to be sold all of them to consumers.

But it's true, sales of the first week is only a tiny portion of the total sales that big sellers like Final Fantasy games sell across all their lifetime.

But sales data from Japan and Europe has painted a grim picture for FFXVI.
You and I don't know the complete (digital+retail) Japanese or European (all countries) sales because they aren't public. Only their publishers know them. And even if they would be revealed, they would only be a small portion of the total worldwide sales.

The only sales -or shipment- numbers that matter are the wordwide numbers provided by the company.

The Famitsu FFXV vs FFXVI is particularly nonsensical because it doesn't take into consideration the userbase of PS4 and PS5 in Japan when each game was released, and ignores the digital sales, plus the fact that the percentage of sales that are digital today are way, way higher than were back in the FFXV days.

RE4R
- 3m shipped in 2 days(High sell-through)
- 4m shipped in 2 weeks
- 5m shipped in 4 months
FFVIIR=PS4 only
FFXVI=PS5 only (40M units sold)
RE4R=PS4+PS5+XBS+PC

Final Fantasy did it better than RE4R

Last edited: