Best game music

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon - Fire Island Volcano

Cave Story - Running Hell

Deltarune - Big Shot

Live A Live - Heroic Struggle (ignore thumbnail and title its a ruse)

Needy Streamer Overload - Internet Overdose -

Last edited:

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
This is from a game? I thought it was just a meme lol

Well ig it's kotoko so expected, but I really thought it was just a tube meme
Yes
Needy Streamer Overload
Its a management sim where you guide an internet idol streamer who's also a drug-using neet girl with mental health issues towards getting her as many followers as possible while keeping them sane and in good mental health as the job takes its toll. It plays once you reach a certain follower count I'm pretty sure. It's a really good game with lotsa different endings.
Steam link:

It's also on Switch.
You might also find it called Needy Girl Overdose in places; this was it's name originally. It had a name change prior to release for as far as I'm aware undisclosed reasons.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yes
Needy Streamer Overload
Its a management sim where you guide an internet idol streamer who's also a drug-using neet girl with mental health issues towards getting her as many followers as possible while keeping them sane and in good mental health as the job takes its toll. It plays once you reach a certain follower count I'm pretty sure. It's a really good game with lotsa different endings.
Steam link:

It's also on Switch.

Meh visual novels aren't my thing

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Meh visual novels aren't my thing
90046863e1a4b223f13573e747199de3.gif

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Mary Skelter Nightmares - Urge to Fight

Neo: The World Ends With You - Breaking Free

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Uncontrollable

Final Fantasy XIV - Good King Moggle Mog XII

Sonic Frontiers - Undefeatable

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
it's funny the euphemisms people have for picture books. GRAPHIC NOVELS, VISUAL NOVELS

It's a book with more picture real estate than words lol
well there's also voice acting and music most of the time, also VN aren't just books as they often come with lots of branching paths that require multiple playthroughs to experience. So no, even though it's mostly text+pictures it's not exactly the same thing as a picture book

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
well there's also voice acting and music most of the time, also VN aren't just books as they often come with lots of branching paths that require multiple playthroughs to experience. So no, even though it's mostly text+pictures it's not exactly the same thing as a picture book

Sure it's this compromise between meatier media types. Not quite a real game not quite a real book not quite a real movie, I don't understand the appeal at all personally, would rather read a book or watch a movie or play a game.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Sure it's this compromise between meatier media types. Not quite a real game not quite a real book not quite a real movie, I don't understand the appeal at all personally, would rather read a book or watch a movie or play a game.
Idk VNs are the OG "para social relationship" simularors

• haha
Reactions: Nym

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Needy Streamer Overload isn't even a VN, it's about as much of a VN as games like Monster Rancher, Tamagotchis, Princess Maker and Long Live the Queen.
And the appeal of VNs is getting to have pictures and music and voice acting to enhance what you're reading, and in many cases just having a lot of control over the direction of the plot sorta like choose your own adventure books is a lot of fun. Sometimes they come with term guides to act as a dictionary and lore guide to better help understand what's being read which is neat and harder to do with books

Last edited:

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
It's a book with more picture real estate than words lol
Fate/Stay Night (the VN) has more words than The Bible. If you include Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, then the two VNs have more words than the entire Harry Potter series combined.

Last edited:
  • haha

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Fate/Stay Night (the VN) has more words than The Bible. If you include Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, then the two VNs have more words than the entire Harry Potter series combined.
Hence why they're not my thing. Most of the time the writing is unnecessarily bloated and bad too.

• sad