Best graphics of the year: Digital Foundry ranks its top games of 2023 - Cyberpunk 2077 with RT Overdrive, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and Alan Wake

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Yep that's another thing, the path tracing and even some of the ray tracing options in Cyberpunk turns the image into a blurry ghosting mess.

Also none of the games in those videos look better than Burning Shores final boss battle.
Burning shores got robbed.
Avatar looks like a ps3 game in comparison imo

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
TRIGGERED TRIGGERED TRIGGERED.
No fucking way AW2 won. Maybe on pc... but consoles? Grainy, low resolution, no rt, no reflections. very grainy ssr on everything, fsr breakup, bad performance. NO SHOT.

For me, FF16 is the winner. High res, stable 30fps, great motion blur. Actually CGI quality looking scenes. Soft lighting, amazing particles.
Hogwarts deserves a mention too. perfect image quality. No break up at all. Amazing 40fps almost 4k image quality. Looks fantastic.
I honestly also liked how Forspoken look too but I don't want to go fighting for it again... It is on my list.

Look at that damn ff16. wow. And I am not even spoiling amazing battles and bossfights that are insane, huge and have particle effects out of this world.
jsxs5KV.jpg

pBO0yhv.jpg

RafRlVC.jpg

APE7Osh.jpg

u65aIyK.jpg

IGTFYq7.jpg

musaLWQ.jpg

And look at it's HDR !
L6pOuJY.jpg

Wp04Qg7.jpg
I trust this guy's opinion when it comes to high-quality screenshots,

I also hate this guy too; he knows why :love:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I trust this guy's opinion when it comes to high-quality screenshots,

I also hate this guy too; he knows why :love:
Don't get too nice with me or I will whip out Forspoken screenshot.
And we all know nobody wants that but me lol (that game is fkn gorgeous)

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Don't get too nice with me or I will whip out Forspoken screenshot.
And we all know nobody wants that but me lol (that game is fkn gorgeous)
Omg you are forever known on here and GAF as the knight of Forspoken fighting for its honor. I loved those threads!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: rofif and Sircaw

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Is something wrong with my monitor or something because when I try to play Cyberpunk 2077 with RT overdrive everything looks fuzzy af so I just stick with ultra raytracing, looks much crisper.

My pc has a 4080 and i9 14900kf.
Pathtracing/raytracing is really, really intensive so the raycount used is low, then they apply a denoising filter on top. If they did full pathtracing at full resolution it'd be seconds per frame instead of frames per second. With regular raytracing you have rasterized lighting underneath so you don't see the noisiness of the raytracing mostly.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Their love for Avatar is baffling because I've played it and besides the massive amount of foliage, the game doesn't look all that pretty to me. Literally the foliage is the only thing that's "next gen" about the game, everything else looks PS4 level.
Forbidden West looks better and its dlc released this year looks even better, shame it wasn't in their top 10

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Did Remedy say anything about them reconsidering releasing Alan Wake 2 on disc after it flopped?

Reactions: Johnic

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
As one of the few Forspoken stans on this forum, I don't think it's a good looking game at all. Luminous really dropped the ball with their engine, which is odd because they did the Agni's philosophy demo from a decade ago which looks miles better and ran on a gtx 680.

It's also a far cry from their reveal graphics which is why I was originally hyped for the game.

I would say Hogwarts Legacy takes the Forspoken aesthetic but makes it look next gen. They definitely could've improved with a sequel but Square Enix caved to the internet hate.